the unreleased code veronica x for dc

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by truemaster1, Jul 31, 2016.

1. fafadou

fafadou Enthusiastic Member

the iso zone you may the gdi dump.
    But truemaster share it on the first page in this code veronica x project.

2. truemaster1

truemaster1 Enthusiastic Member

hes speaking about original untouched japanese version. google my friend we cant speak about links here.

fafadou likes this.
  3. carlos andre

carlos andre Member

Inside the RDX files contains more than 2000 graphics, however the program I have at the moment can identify the amount of graphics, but I can not see the images.
    It appears that it is unknown format.
    I can not understand because I found more than 1000 images in AFS files, I can edit all of them, however this RDX that certainly contains the most part of the subtitles stopped me.
    If anyone has any idea or knowledge, and can share, I thank you.

I got the game in Japanese, and the subtitles are in the RDX, however with a big difference, because there are images with Japanese texts in the file System.AFS.
    This same file contains these graphics with texts in the USA version, but in the American version this file is practically inultil.
    For those texts that are in the file Sysmes.ald, there are no such texts in the Japanese version, since the text in the Japanese version can be edited by the file ITEM1.AFS and ITEM2.AFS.
    More in the US version these same graphics that it contains in ITEM.AFS are useless.
    I'm sure of this, poiseu damaged these files leaving blank and the game continued with the texts intact as they are read by the file SYsmes.AFS

I thank you and look for some light at the end of the tunnel.

fafadou and truemaster1 like this.
  4. fafadou

Maybe I have already ask you that : the menu could you export them from one version to an other ?
    Import us version to japanese. It would be a large beginning of issue in a first time.

I hope someone help you.

5. carlos andre

carlos andre Member

There is only one problem, and I do not know if you care, because my searches to edit the resident code veronica are in progress on the PS2 console, the dreamcast the format of the images is PVR, and I have not yet found a program to extract, edit , And import.
    More answering this question: Maybe I already asked this: could the menu export them from one version to another?
    In this case fafadou, there are two essential programs to extract, edit and import the image back.
    The programs are the GAME GRAFIC STUDIO, OPTIX IMAGESTUDIO 3.
    Only with these programs you can change the face of the characters, the clothes of all characters, you can edit that opening of the game that is written RESIDENT CODE VERONICA, YOU CAN EDIT ALL THE MENUS THAT HAS WITHIN THE GAME, THE DOORS, THE OBJECTS, among others stuff.
    There are two major obstacles that are exactly in the RDX file.

More thanks to this site and some other site, I managed to get some information on each and I will not give up, because I want to edit this game in Portuguese in the PS2 version and dreamcast.

Thank you.
    Google Tradutor para empresas:Google Toolkit de tradução para appsTradutor de sitesGlobal Market Finder

fafadou likes this.
  6. fafadou

Thanks for your explanations.

7. truemaster1

8. fafadou

Yeah, just a tweet will be enough but no news it's terrible for impatient person like me lol
    I know he's working on a new version of his bios (1.33) and others cool things but maybe he has too much projects in a same time.

9. fafadou

Maybe we have an other project to find in order to be more patient ^^

10. truemaster1

yeah im impatient too lol. realy now live and other things are always on the way and hacking isnt always an easy task. but a little update about it would be nice

fafadou likes this.
  11. fafadou

What kind of project have you heard ? Or maybe you are working on ?

I have heard it will be possible to take samba de amigo 2001 version with the european menu of samba de amigo because the 2001 version is only available in japanese. But I don't look at it, Maybe later. I'm not focus on that kind of game.
    I'll wish to import the camera from the japanese version to the european version of blue stinger. Because there are more cinematographic style than european. But perhaps a version in french with that, is available already. But I didn't found it.
    I'tried to add the vga mode in bangaio, I hoped I could pick the 1ST_READ.BIN from the japan version than you had done with RECVX. But the japanese version has not vga neither ^^ So I can't go on for now.
    I built some unrealesed game with cdda tracks in .cdi, I have differents issues and I think I can't do it better.
    And finally, I mod my dreamcast for dreamshell and hdd. And I try to add some compatibles games. I gave the idea from mod your amazing half life released with dreamshell but it's not me who have done it for example of a success.
    Actually I'm translating shenmue II in french with english voices. I'm started from the gdi of shenmue master's version A with japanese voice. I hope I'll can inject the 16:9 widescreen hacks either.
    As you can see, thanks to you, I'm working for dreamcast community, but as you said it's not easy every day...

12. truemaster1

i havent anything on the works right now. blue stinger? ha what a great game, pourly coded but is one of the first dc games. didnt know the jap version have better camera. i know for sure the usa and the pal are the same thing. about bangaio did you do the ip.bin trick? having the ide mode for dreamcast is way better than the crappy gdrom. but dont give up on getting gdemu its hard but in the end it worh it.

13. fafadou

Yeah, for now I'm still waiting about gdemu but it pretty tough for having one lol
    But I hope the next version of dreamshell will be better, it works very well already but not for all games or we can have some bugs. But I am very happy with hdd now and very proud to have mod my console by myself. You had right, burning cd is too restrictive.

about bangaio:
    I don't try to change the ip flag for vga, but I think if it was so easy, a release would already exist no ? It's like dino crisis, if the game is not ready for vga by programming, changing only the flag will be not enough.
    Japanese_cake had released a programm for inject vga in the 1ST_READ.bin but It needs Python sofware and I don't know how using it. it explains here in the comments :
    http://japanese-cake.livejournal.com/6343.html#comments

Please read it carefully, it explains of patched all dreamcast games for vga. This comment from le 17 mars 2015, 17:11:10 UTC it's probably a treasure for dreamcast fans ^^

I have found an other project, Create a mix version of sword of the bersek with english voices and english subtitles. Probably I have to create a topic for all of this...

14. truemaster1

ahh now i see it bangaio is 240p game. it needs hell of the work to be vga 480p.

fafadou likes this.
  15. fafadou

Do you have any idea for this ? For you the japanese_cake method could works ? Or something else...

16. truemaster1

i never even played the game i dont know. @japanese_cake can only clarify this

fafadou likes this.
  17. fafadou

I think it's a game in his to do list like many other things, hope he'll goes here soon.
    He's probably in holiday for now.

truemaster1 likes this.
  18. truemaster1

he has a ton of a projects thats for sure. thank the god we have a dc scener that active today.

fafadou likes this.
  19. fafadou

Japanese cake request us to build some things for help him : "please try to make your requests about that game clearer. I understand that you want to patch the character space but I dunno whether it has to be done on the US or JAP version. Thanks!"

May we can make a list ? For now I see with the japan 1ST_READ.BIN :
    -the subtitles are not good wtih european caracters
    -options menu in the main screen title
    -inventory menu during the game

US 1st_read.bin :
    -lack of visual effect with wesker (red eyes)
    -little problem with some caracters in particular (à, é, è etc...)
    -block during the game

The explains are in the readme.txt, I just remember (not sure about the menu problem the readme.txt mention it).

20. japanese_cake

japanese_cake Spirited Member

Thanks! So IMO it seems easier to patch the japanese version (quite hard to re-add visual effect and patch the game logic to avoid "block" as you said). Regarding the option and inventory menu, what is the problem? You are able to translate some texts? Maybe it is just PVR/texture files to update from the US version?