The Twin Peak NES game...

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by GaijinPunch, Jul 9, 2006.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

This is more of a WTF than a report of a cancelled game. Bored off my tits, I thumbed through HBO tonight and watched "Fire, Walk With Me", a film I quite enjoyed in high school -- a time when I was getting blazed most of the time.

Anyways, noticing in the credits that Heather Graham was in the film (and a few episodes on TV... I don't remember that actually) I looked through, and couldn't figure out where the hell she was. (For those that give a shit, she was all bloody and bruised in Laura's bed for like 30 seconds, and that's it).

Anyways, I got that information after diggin around the TP Wiki. Reading through the trivia section, someone finds this:
    Damn network executives. They will whore themselves out for anything.

2. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

Why do i feel the gameplay would have been similar to the friday the 13th game for nes?

3. TheRedEye

TheRedEye Robust Member

From Gamepro:

"The incredibly bizarre ABC series Twin Peaks is coming to the NES some time in 1991. Expect the NES title to be a mystery/brainteaser type cart, rather than an action game, complete with all those strange characters that make Twin Peaks so much fun."

From Nintendo Power:

"Twin Peaks, which is based on the bizarre T.V. show, will be role playing in style, with the player trying to solve the mysteries of Twin Peaks as one of the many strange characters on the show. The plot is based on the second season, with multiple endings possible depending on which character is played."

4. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

I can't imagine something so character driven being on the NES. Guess I don't have much imagination though. :) Thanks for the quotes.

5. Szczepaniak

Szczepaniak Robust Member

I'm getting some serious "Sweet Home" vibes - Dunno why, just the whole slow creepy nature of Twin Peaks, trying to be squeezed into a videogame RPG, conjures up such an image in my head. Interesting discovery.

6. mr. newbie

mr. newbie Spirited Member

when i was young i wanted nothing more than to burn my brothers friday the 13th cart. whaddaya mean i have "figure it out" i wanna kill something! lol good times.