The Summer of Protos!

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by mrmark0673, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Annoying_one

Annoying_one Peppy Member

thank you very much mrmark0673 dont worry about the noise, they are inconsequential

2. mrmark0673

mrmark0673 Robust Member

Oh, no worries at all. As Matt and I have come to say fairly often now:

[​IMG]

Got some great stuff lined up still, so stay tuned and thanks for all the love!

3. King_of_PS

King_of_PS Site Supporter 2015

Now that you point that out, it looks like a photo of a genesis cart that has had a white square and text edited in with Office Paint or something...

But I'm sure that's not what happened (honestly, I'm not being sarcastic)

ps thumbs up to mrmark for putting these up

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  4. mrmark0673

mrmark0673 Robust Member

Super shitty label for sure, but no photoshopping, I promise. I'll see if I can snap a pic from another angle so it doesn't look as funny. Matt and I just bought a new house and we're in the process of moving, but luckily our Genny protos are some of the very few things that haven't been boxed up.

5. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Haha, I can see what they mean now, it does sorta look like something someone did in MS Paint, but that's just how the cart looks, the font set they used that's all pixel-y doesn't help :p

BTW, have you brothers ever pursued protos outside of the 8-16bit era? Like maybe N64. This is my pathetic way of just saying, I hope you guys find a Conker's Quest proto someday.

6. mrmark0673

mrmark0673 Robust Member

We've thought about it before, but never really pursued it. We don't collect disc protos (I think we've had only 1-2 come through our hands), so the N64 would pretty much be the last system we'd consider picking up protos for. the market for N64 protos has been an odd one though, seems like protos sell for pennies or thousands with no rhyme or reason between the two.

7. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

lost alot of respect for the 50 thousand dollar flintstone action after following the tale of how those games were obtained, womp womp

8. mrmark0673

mrmark0673 Robust Member

What, from the info you got in the comments section of gamesniped? Look at where the info and negative comments are coming from:

Portnoyd: Banned from NintendoAge
    Darksol: Banned from NintendoAge
    Dutch (under aliases Gameguy, Qixmasterz, and quite possibly Jack Black): Banned from NintendoAge under about a dozen accounts for scamming amongst other things, banned from DigitalPress under at least 2 names, mostly for pretending to own NES protos and making up stories as to how he obtained them.

Dutch is easy to pick out as he has a distinct posting style and a complete inability to understand the difference between "they're" and "there".

Do you think there is an outside chance that they may be a bit biased in their opinions as I am a prominent member of NintendoAge and a moderator of SegaAge?

The details regarding the purchase are pretty well known, but I worked directly with the seller to purchase a decent sized lot of games for an amount that he came up with. He understands that F2 is substantially rarer than he had once thought and has no hard feelings. We still talk, I even gave him a bit of help pricing some of his other high end titles for sale.

Not that this has anything to do with the release of free proto ROMs, but figured if I guy I've never had an interaction with posts on a forum that he lost a lot of respect for me, I'd clear the air a bit.

Stay tuned folks, more ROMs to come!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  9. Consumed

Consumed Fiery Member

What's F2 if you don't mind me asking?

10. mrmark0673

mrmark0673 Robust Member

Flintstones: The Surprise at Dinosaur Peak, factory sealed. Only one photographed copy, though there is one other that showed up 11 years ago. Not common, and consequently, not cheap :)

11. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Oh to hell with how he got F2. He is buying up all of the Laserdiscs on eBay!

Hands off, Laserdiscs are mine!

12. DevHackr

DevHackr Enthusiastic Member

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  13. mrmark0673

mrmark0673 Robust Member

Bump for today's release: USA Bowling! ROM can be found in the first post of the above link, info in the last post. Enjoy!

14. kaylee.mess

kaylee.mess Active Member

Thank You Mr. Mark

15. KH2K4

KH2K4 Spirited Member

I can see me getting no sleep tonight playing these :)

16. mrmark0673

mrmark0673 Robust Member

Our newest addition to the list: Beastball! (Link can be found in first post)

[​IMG]

Purchase Price: Can't remember, I'll check with Matt
    Purchased From: Dreamtr

Beastball is a game that was to be ported to the Sega Genesis by Spectrum Holobyte. The game was released on several other consoles as Brutal Sports Football and Crazy Football on the Jaguar and Amiga.

The game plays out as a futuristic sporting event. Your goal is to have your team score by throwing or drop kicking a ball into the goal of the opposing team. You can punch or tackle opposing players, pick up weapons like swords, bombs, and shields to attack the other tam, as well as pick up items like a rabbit or a turtle that will effect your in game speed. The game ends when time runs out or you decapitate every member of the opposing team.

At the end of the game, money is awarded for how many points you score, how many players you've killed, and if you've won. You may use this money to heal players, or to increased their stats.

There are 3 modes of play: League, Unfriendly, and Knockout. In league, you attempt to bring your team to the championship. You can record your progress with a password. You will compete against other humans as well as various other races. In Unfriendly, you choose a team and play against the computer or a second player in a single, best of three, or best of seven format. In Knockout, you can create your own 12 man tournament using any combination of human and computer players.

17. geluda

geluda <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Thanks for the contribution!!

18. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

Thanks for the summer of protos! :)

19. Segafreak_NL

Segafreak_NL v2.0 New and improved. Site supporter 2012-15

Very nice! Ta.