The Political thread ... rant away.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ASSEMbler_archived, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Buyatari

Buyatari Well Known Member

I don't vote.
    If I did then I would vote 3rd party.
    The system is so flawed. I refuse to believe that these two are the very best candidates that this country has to offer.

My first reaction to this match up is that Donald is a shill. It seems like everything he has said was with the intention of throwing the election.

Now I am not a conspiracy guy but when it comes to Trump you have to question his real intentions. Their daughters are really good/best friends. Trump was never before and still is not a Republican. Past members of his staff say he has no intention or game plan when it comes to actually winning. Everything he has said has been about increasing his brand and his awareness which could be used to demand a bigger contact for his next tv show.

It would be a brilliant win win plan. If you can't make yourself look good then stack the deck. Run against someone you know willing to implode for the sake of greater media coverage. Someone who never wanted the position in the first place. Someone who is willing to throw the election for the sake of a bigger tv contact and a few political favors down the road.

2. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

At the same time, the Simpsons predicted a Trump Presidency.

The problem with the "Run Trump so Hillary wins" theory is that.... Trump is STILL doing pretty well even with scandals coming out the corn hole and both China AND Russia trying to rig the election in his favor.

3. stevo9389

stevo9389 Plays It Loud

My High School American history teacher predicted (along with many others) that Hillary would be the first woman president just months before the Simpsons prediction for Trump. The fact that they are competing 16 years later is of no surprise to me since most everyone I know, young and old, only participate in presidential elections. Same people that only support their team when they are in the finals instead of all season long.

4. Buyatari

You do run the risk of having a shill win despite your best efforts to tank at the end. I'm sure there is a contingency plan in place to prevent it. If he is still doing well at this time he will say this , still doing well a week later then he says this or leaks this tape etc.

If a shill still wins despite your best efforts then he becomes a puppet.

5. GodofHardcore

That's some heavy tin foil hat shit right there

I think the Simpsons has more credibility than a High School History teacher.Especially an AMERICAN High School History teacher.

6. Buyatari

Explain why.
    It doesn't involve an entire secret government just two people.
    Do you think Trump is above such actions?
    Do you think Clinton is?

In the first season of the Apprentice he kept Omorosa way longer than she deserved THEN he brought her back. All because it good for ratings not because she was serious candidate.

7. BLUamnEsiac

BLUamnEsiac ɐɹnɔsqO ʇᴉq-8

I feel much the same way the way the political landscape is setup. It's hard to truly say there's a choice if you only get to pick between two people for a guaranteed Presidential win. Heh, I don't buy into conspiracy theories either but could definitely see how people could come to the conclusion that Trump is there to make an easy win for Hillary. It's not completely unthinkable, the Clintons and Trumps have been friends for a long time.

8. GodofHardcore

I think he genuinely wants to be president. Unless the Election is rigged, he's easily winning Rhode Island and Florida. Based on the signs I've seen.

If this theory was true why didn't they try the same thing in 2008?

9. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64 or your money back

have the memes gone too far??
    [​IMG]

10. GodofHardcore

No Just political correctness.

11. Buyatari

Why would he run in 2008? He is running to help get Clinton elected. She wasn't a candidate in 2008.

12. GodofHardcore

UH YES SHE WAS

13. Buyatari

Obama was the nominee in 2008.

This year no one gave Sanders a shot. Clinton was believed by almost everyone to be the nominee from the start.
    With that in mind the plan took form as the only perceived roadblock to the oval office was the potential Republican nominee. Perhaps Clinton would win but she has a ton of baggage so why not stack the deck? Perhaps Trump was offered additional incentive to run or perhaps none was needed.

14. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64 or your money back

Bernie Sanders had a slim chance of getting the nomination and he was cheated out of it with coin flips, card decks, party collusion, and stuff like this:

I would wager that Trump possibly got starting traction as an agent for the Clintons: long history with the family, identified as Democrat most of his life, and the media outlets that donate generously to her campaign gave him the most coverage by far. In the past few days, correspondences from the Podesta e-mails have confirmed that heavy media coverage of Trump and Ben Carson over the other 15 or so candidates was intentional and done solely to discredit the GOP's reputation.

One convincing factor for the collusion argument is that he waited quite some time to start attacking the Clintons head-on. He would frequently say things along the lines of "I haven't even started on her yet" while Clinton more or less kept laughing him off as a non-issue.

A counterargument would be that he played the game for the same reasons that he used to hobnob with the political elite across party lines: he's gaming them by their open ports with some ulterior motive because he wants something out of it. At this point, compared to where he started out, I would think that he has far more to lose in throwing the election than winning it.

I really don't understand the media's Trump-Wikileaks-InfoWars-/pol/-r/the_donald-Putin conspiracy narrative. With all due respect, the Russians are masterminds of subversion and propaganda. However, the Clintons have a deeper history than most dealing directly with these types. Hillary herself spearheaded the Russian reset just a few years ago. Now it seems like we are getting closer to direct conflict with them than ever before.

15. Krayzar

Krayzar 75% Weasels by Volume

Oh, its not really a conspiracy narrative. I'll fill in the gaps.

The world learned the US launched the first "Nuclear" level cyber attack a few years ago when Stuxnet was accidentally released on to the world. To many, it seemed like a footnote, but it wasn't. Governments noticed. It irreversibly changed the world at the highest levels.

It especially surprised the hell out of the Russians and the Chinese that the US would brazenly commit an act of war, but it did the most damage to the US relationship with Russia. Here the US is developing new more destructive weapons while pursuing missile defense and disarmament. That really pissed the higher ups off. So much for that reset.

Fast forward to now, and we have a buffoon running for the presidency, perhaps as a shill like some have suggested, or for his own vanity. He doesn't seem to understand what's wrong with weapons like these, hell, he barely understands nukes. That buffoon seems to view hacks and leaks as help, not understanding where they come from. Not understanding that it's likely not brute-forcing e-mail accounts that provided that info - not any more. Not understanding that governments have hooks into each others internet connected little worlds. Hooks that could just as well shutdown power grids as much as they could steal e-mails.

Trust me, certain world governments would prefer Trump. He's a sensationalist. He can be manipulated. He doesn't understand the consequences of actions. It's why certain veins of US politics have attached themselves to him so readily.

And make no mistake, the Podesta e-mails WERE hacked by a Russian affiliated intelligence agency. You might be seeing a lot more of these types of leaks in the future. Not just directed at the US, and not just by Russian agents. It's a glimpse at what's to come.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  16. Buyatari

Always thought it was Isreal who released Stuxnet and without the approval or knowledge of the US.

Was it ever confirmed to be a US released attack?

17. BLUamnEsiac

A lot of security firms have gone over it carefully and will at the very least say that Stuxnet has US fingerprints on it.

18. Krayzar

Krayzar 75% Weasels by Volume

Watch the documentary "Zero Days". All but confirmed that it was US developed. The Israelis modified the code without permission and screwed the pooch on the whole operation.

19. BLUamnEsiac

An episode of NOVA covered Stuxnet a couple years ago as well.

20. redsox24

redsox24 Rising Member

All I know is that there is zero chance Donald has the temperament to be a president of anything.