The original TGS '98 Promotion video in full 720p. NOT the Dreamcast Express video

Discussion in 'Geist Force' started by Yakumo, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

These images were sent to me by one of the guys who bought a copy from me over Yahoo Auctions. While we may have seen images from these stages before these shots are all different angles or positions within the stage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT

Here it is, the full original Tokyo Game Show '98 Geist Force promotion video in full

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DTULx8RvME

This is the first time on YouTube from what I can tell unless you count the camera pointing at a TV screen with no sound and odd angle.
    Yakumo

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  2. brendand

brendand Fiery Member

looks intresting :)

3. dark

dark Dauntless Member

These all look like screenshots from the 1998 TGS? video I linked on youtube from the unlocking features thread. Including the unknown chracter avatar and his English text. The crosshair from the ship's gun is different to our beta as well, presumably this is from an earlier build since the video claims it was from 1998. Nice to see the images in a less blurry format, as the video on youtube is pretty darn blurry and low res.

Video I'm talking about.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGQcmrV4-YI

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  4. Yakumo

Oh yes, they indeed do. I'll mail him and ask if he has the original video since these shots don't look as if they came from someone taking pictures on a TV screen at TGS. The TGS video isn't on YouTube at all either. Only the video with the woman's voice over that can be found on one of the Dreamcast sample discs.

5. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P

Meh I may as well supplement it with a seen before image too.

When my Sonic Adventure arrived it had a leaflet advertising games with it so I scanned them in @ 300 DPI.

scan 1.png

I can't read a word of japanese so I don't know if it is featured on the accompanying coming soon chart.

Out of interest what is the game next to Geist Force? It looks like Ryo Hazuki fighting a giant crustacean of some kind.

EDIT: Cropped to save bandwidth.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  6. slayer2k8

slayer2k8 <B>Site Supporter 2011</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

I'm sure the game is Blue Stinger

7. Yakumo

Here it is, the full original Tokyo Game Show '98 Geist Force promotion video in full

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DTULx8RvME

This is the first time on YouTube from what I can tell unless you count the camera pointing at a TV screen with no sound and odd angle.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  8. dark

dark Dauntless Member

Awesome! Wonder if any of this dramatic background music was ever planned to be in the game.

9. Yakumo

It maybe on the disc. The music files, actually ALL the files are in strange formats that can't be opened even with compatible software. I already managed to open some of the music files and found tracks that haven't played in the game so far. I had to mess about witht he format a lot and slow the tracks down by 200% from what I remember. Even then the quality is poor and has a lot of clicking.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  10. Energy

Energy Spirited Member

The music in the background is a rip off of the blade runner ending theme. Just a few chords changed so to avoid copyright I assume! I'm guessing it's not something from the game soundtrack, just something that they suck on to cover the lack of sound or similar.

Just out of interest are videos of Geist Force rare? As a kid I'm sure I had an official uk promo video with some clips on it and also had a video downloaded to my computer. Might have to scower my old stuff and see what I have if there is interest.

11. PrOfUnD Darkness

PrOfUnD Darkness Familiar Face

Yakumo, did you ask him where did he get the video from?

12. Yakumo

There's the not so rare video that everyone knows from Dreamcast Express Volume 1 Japanese DC disc. There's also a western promotion video that was also released showing the avatars we have on our release but with English text from what I remember. This TGS '98 video hasn't been released on any public format from what I know.

I did. It turns out he works for some games company but he wouldn't say which one. No surprise I guess. Could be a developer or distributor. I really don't know. He says that he owns a few Betamax and SVHS tapes of show reels and demo beta plays and so on.