The original aluminium Xbox on display in Redmond

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Arcadia, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Arcadia

Arcadia Robust Member

2. MisterEnthusiast

MisterEnthusiast Robust Member

I wonder if they could start up the aluminum prototype. You know, for historical purposes!

karcsi89 likes this.
  3. Arcadia

Arcadia Robust Member

By this point, was it running stock Windows or a modified version of it?

4. notataco64

notataco64 Spirited Member

It wouldn't be too hard to square up a big aluminum block and mill it down into a giant X. Getting such a beautiful finish at the end would be a challenge. Was a pocket milled out on the other end of the X block to hold any components, or does it just have that one thru hole to hold the jewel case and some tapped holes?

5. Syclopse

Syclopse .

It's hollow GDC 2000 Spare parts.jpg

[​IMG]

Jord9622, karcsi89 and HI_Ricky like this.
  6. Syclopse

Syclopse .

Fun fact: First Xbox 360 was also in an aluminum case.

IMG_6444_edited-1“à•”.jpg

Jord9622 and karcsi89 like this.
  7. karcsi89

karcsi89 Rising Member

Seen that article the other day. The inside of that OG Box looks like a hot mess. BTW, I took notice to your picture change syclopse very nice. =p.

I just ended up building my own custom tower including a JTAG and original TSOP Xbox inside the mac pro case last year after "trolling" you. my bad I didn't mean to be rude. Anyways its a work in progress. 360 on top tray, original in bottom tray. Only thing that needs to be finished is soldering directly to the pins on the usb ports to the original mac pro front panel for the 360. Need to dremel some more ports on some plexi glass in the back. haven't had time. av/box built inside with wi-fi for both units. Looks great with MC360 blade dash. The black powder coat is a no go in my opinion. I would want bay doors to be black but they may scrape so I kept the original color! Though I may make a black one and sell it! Found some cool decals online to cover that apple logo. oh the nostalgia! More pics to come.

Also still working on hacking together that remote recovery! Currently attempting a proper boot loader with the help of others from OSDEV and BA with minor progress XDEV.jpg xbox decal.jpg

We'll get there. =]

Jord9622 and bowser22 like this.