The Last Guardian PS3 Version

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by shenmue19, Sep 13, 2016.

1. shenmue19

shenmue19 Member

Is it too early to discuss about this? Obviously with the pending PS4 release coming in 2020, it would be interesting if a PS3 version gets leaked. I would love to see how much it punched above it's weight visually. I wouldn't be surprised if it looked like a next gen game like ICO did on the PS1.

2. AUSTIN PEYTON

AUSTIN PEYTON Gutsy Member

wow this game looks awesome.
    never heard of it until now.
    definitely getting this for ps4.

3. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it looked next gen, considering how much power the PS3 had when properly tapped into.

4. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

Oh the poor fool... He actually thinks it's going to be released within our life time...

5. Johnny

Johnny Gran Turismo Freak and Site Supporter 2013,2015

What are you insinuating?

[​IMG]

:D

Esppiral, lolzvid, NexTheReal and 5 others like this.
  6. pato

pato Resolute Member

TBH I don't have expectations for this game, althrough I barely played SOTC this series is highly acclaimed, but previews at least for the last BGS states that this game is going to be pretty much the worst of the series, bad graphics (Directly from PS3 version), not so interesting gameplay and bad framerate (30 Fps with slowdowns).

According to an friend, they even said in interviews that for some time the game was barely being developed after all, hence why people might find weird why they ported to PS4 and did not even remade the game for such late release date instead of being a launch title.

7. rso

rso °

care to back up those claims, especially the first paragraph, with a source?

8. mspeter97

mspeter97 Robust Member

Apparently it's going to be released in December?
    It's been 10 Years since they started working on the game^^

9. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Damn, 2020? How little had they been working on it all these years that it still is that far off?

10. pato

pato Resolute Member

11. rso

rso °

OK, I have to take what they wrote at face value since I have no idea about that site's credibility and journalistic track record. And there's probably something lost in translation too.

To me it seems like they might have confused "outdated last-gen graphics" and "intentional artistic choice" in a few cases, eg the washed out textures and water that doesn't "shine". Also, I wonder how they measured framerates if all they got to see was a tradeshow demo played by a Sony exec. From the footage I've seen, the game seems to intentionally slow down at certain points, maybe that threw them off? And there's still some time for optimizations; sure they probably won't get to 60fps all of a sudden (which is unfortunate but not a dealbreaker imho since this isn't a twitch shooter), but still... then again they've already been working on the PS4 version for some time now, so I guess we'll have to wait and see on this one.

I love how they bitch about the "limited gameplay" (again, having not even played it themselves). Is Tetris a shitty game since all you can do is shift, rotate and drop blocks - no skill tree, unlockables, QTEs, killfeed, ...? Is Heavy Rain, or Life is Strange?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    photoboy, pato and AUSTIN PEYTON like this.
  12. pato

pato Resolute Member

Makes me wonder too, but it also depends whether those who tested have played the other two, then it could be a signal of being worse at this.

Also, there is also previews elsewhere stating that the game suffers from framerate instability and last gen visuals.

And at least from what i've saw from ICO and SOTC, while the art design outstands the tech design, even the late was good for the time, and juding by the fact that is not even cel shaded, they expected that they would have better textures and effects.