The history of Altered Beast arcade game

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by batmitereturns, Oct 8, 2018.

1. batmitereturns

batmitereturns Rising Member

Please comment below whether or not you liked it or disliked it.

I also got a new microphone and will be using it for my next video.

And if you like my videos could you please spread the word to my channel can grow? Thanks for watching

[youtube]

2. spoonrage

spoonrage Active Member

Remember this terrible game well, unfortunately for me it came with my MegaDrive.. never been so dissapointed in my life :(. It was terrible even in arcades at the time, not sure if i actualy know anyone that does like it.. but will be proved wrong probably if anyone else even bothers to post lol.

3. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirlâ„¢

This may seem blasphemous to some of you, but I've never rated Altered Beast that highly... Indeed, as someone who came to the 16-bit party quite late on (around the release of Sonic 3 and Virtua Racing, to be precise), the likes of Altered Beast and Golden Axe are just games I don't view through rose-tinted glasses, unlike quite a few Mega Drive fans. Maybe it doesn't help with Golden Axe that my first exposure to this series was The Duel on Saturn, though I can't give a similar excuse for Altered Beast - terrible will always be terrible, and it's a good thing Sega didn't attempt to resurrect that abomination for its 32-bit follow-up platform or the overall damage might have been even more severe. (As a side note, I'm eternally grateful that Sega quickly saw fit to switch out Altered Beast as a Mega Drive pack-in title for the infinitely better Sonic The Hedgehog!)

Keiji Dragon likes this.
  4. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Im wondering where the multiplatform footage came from. Hmm, now where have I seen that exact footage from before :p

5. batmitereturns

LOL, is that yours? I hope your least enjoyed the video

6. Yakumo

Hehe, nah they're not mine but I know where they are from. Best to add a little credit to your video description in the case of borrowing footage.
    I did enjoy the video. Has that 80's American behind the scenes vibe that old VHS rentals used to feature.

7. batmitereturns

Well that wasn't what I was going for but thanks. The video was supposed to be in 1080 P but there are some glitch in chrome that will automatically downscaled to 480. Also, I'm still new at this and just learned power director........... plus I'm a quad amputee.

8. PrOfUnD Darkness

PrOfUnD Darkness Familiar Face

Gameplay looks really dated nowadays but this game was a blast back then. Loved to play it in the arcades (and it's the first SEGA game I remember of playing).

9. Yakumo

Oh no, it wasn't the video quality that made me think 80s but your voice and how you present. This is not a bad thing at all. It's quite different than what we normally get.

batmitereturns likes this.
  10. batmitereturns

Okay, thanks