The Graveyard (or What game did you gut for your ED?)

Discussion in 'Everdrive General' started by goombakid, Oct 26, 2011.

1. goldenband

goldenband Spirited Member

Everdrive-MD: I had a dead (mangled by a dog) Comix Zone that I used for dremel practice, and then a dead (but clean) Pit Fighter that I used for the final product.

Super Everdrive: Bought Stone Age Gamer's cart secondhand.

2. Shulamana

Shulamana Member

I recently got a copy of Pilotwings in a lot of games I bought off eBay, and although that was the main reason I got that lot, the rear label was pretty much destroyed, something the seller did not mention.

Since I got the lot for cheap and can always get another Pilotwings pretty easily, I removed the labels with alcohol and I'm going to get a RS-MMC to fit it inside the shell without cutting a hole in it. I only update my ROM set when I buy new games, and since I have a game bit on hand it's easy enough to take apart to get at the memory card.

I might print out a label once I find one I like, but the "mystery cart" look also has some appeal to it, as if it's any game and all games at the same time.

3. RexDart

RexDart Member

:sexy2::dance::fresh: :Rock::fresh: :Rock::fresh::dance: :fresh::dance: :fresh::dance::fresh: :dance::fresh::dance::fresh: :dance: :Rock::dance::fresh::sexy2:
    [​IMG]
    :sexy2::dance::fresh: :Rock::fresh::dance: :fresh: :Rock::fresh::dance: :fresh::dance::fresh: :dance: :Rock::fresh::dance: :fresh::fresh::dance::fresh: :dance: :Rock::dance::fresh::sexy2:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  4. takeshi385

takeshi385 Mojarra Frita Bandit

Ummmmmm alrighty then ........... `Anyway I gutted dragon quest 5.

5. jocu3

jocu3 Member

I offered Turok 2 for my Everdrive 64, it was the only black cart I had. I know I shoud have used some sport game, but the endresult is nice:
    [​IMG]

6. FritoFredrik

FritoFredrik Member

I used a broken pirate coppy of wonder boy 3 for my Mega Everdrive.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also the warning label on back is in english.

7. 5432

5432 Rising Member

I used Mega Games 1-Everdrive-, 3D Golf Simulation-Super Everdrive-.
    The Everdrive 64 cart buyed with case.

8. kingbuzzo

kingbuzzo Member

[​IMG]: Sonic 2 (yeah I know)
    [​IMG]: Columns

9. 8bitplus

8bitplus Peppy Member

Megadrive - Sonic
    SNES - Fifa
    N64 - Shadow of the Empire

All were in good condition as well, but ones I had double (at least) of.

10. Harp00nX

Harp00nX Active Member

World Cup USA 94 got the chop for my MED, bought a snes shell off Krikzz and some shitty Michael Owen WLS game for the ED64.

11. kaput

kaput Rapidly Rising Member

Got myself a Waverace 64 cart for next to nothing to put on the altar. Guess I'll get a bit of a bad conscience, it's not a completely crappy game after all :>

12. Shigure

Shigure Member

[​IMG] Joe Montana's NFL Sports Talk Football.
    Now I have the cheesy theme song stuck in my head. Joe!

[​IMG] Some Madden NFL Game I don't remember which.
    For the DSP1 Ballz 3D.

13. rivlez

rivlez Newly Registered

[​IMG] Ren & Stimpy

[​IMG] Ballz 3D (Also took the DSP1 and other chips from it)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  14. pablomaldito

pablomaldito Active Member

I am making preparations for my Super Everdrive. According to the tracking info, it has reached American Soil.

For the DSP1, Pilotwings had to take the fall. Sorry guys, I had 2 copies of it, and I had no copies of Ballz 3D :p.

I have a Super Famicom though, so I can't just use the Pilotwings case. I'm thinking about gutting a bootleg Dragon Ball Z game I got back in 1994. I'm not willing to destroy any of my real Super Famicom games because they're all good RPGs. Maybe I should just grab the cheapest sports game I can find on ebay >.>.

15. pablomaldito

Woohoo, looks like I'm quite lucky today. The Super Everdrive only took 9 days to go from Ukraine to my house in Texas. I immediately installed the DSP-1 and modified my bootleg Dragonball Z cartridge for the Super Everdrive. The bootleg cartridge proved to be a little problematic due to space constraints which do not occur with genuine cartridges.
    (Please note, the Dragon Ball Z case is the bootleg, not my Super Everdrive. I got the Super Everdrive straight from retrogate :p )

Blatant bootleg. They didn't even put the label on straight lol. Note that there are no gamebit screws. The cartridge just snaps together with plastic clips.
    [​IMG]

Rear of a bootleg cart. Note the English caution label molded into the plastic instead of Japanese on a sticker. Also, the grooves for US SNES are already molded into the plastic. (My US SNES is long dead though. I only have a Super Famicom now)
    [​IMG]

Inside view, showing the filed down corner of eject lock slot to make room for the 74HCU04. This is not a problem with the Super Everdrive's design. A real SNES/Super Famicom cartridge case does not have this issue.
    [​IMG]

I think it turned out pretty well, but now that it is complete, I would really like to use a genuine SFC cartridge case just for the higher quality feel. I have just purchased an NBA game off ebay for less than $5 and am looking forward to sacrificing it to the Super Everdrive >:D

EDIT: Does anyone have a Super Famicom style label design that I can use? All I can find are US and PAL style designs.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  16. Shulamana

Shulamana Member

Curious, that is the same warning message that is molded into the back of the International cases from Stone Age Gamer, I guess we know where they got that shell design from. ;-)

17. pablomaldito

These Chinese shells are probably the best choice for a universal cartridge, since they give the most professional looking result. A Super Famicom or PAL cartridge with grooves cut into it would look a little too homemade :p . I still want to go to a genuine Super Famicom cart shell though, since I have no need for the grooves.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  18. MaZa

MaZa Newly Registered

For my Super Everdrive I gutted Mickey Mouse's Magical Kingdom (or such), German Translation which I got for 1€. Perfect cartridge for slaugther cuz I dont speak a word of German and I doubt anyone will miss the game. :D

Spared to PCB though, in case of someone in future wants to restore it for some unknown reasons...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  19. paradoxsm

paradoxsm Newly Registered

EDMD - Sonic II, ultra common and I have 5+ copies. I used an RS-MMC for this so I carved no holes, ED is an old 2.2 ver with no SMS Pause tactile.
    EDMS - Super Tennis. I used an RS-MMC for this so I carved no holes, just took off the label. I also have at least 3 copies of this.
    ED64 - I chopped up some cart with "soccer 97" written in marker-pen. I also stole it's CIC.
    EDSNES - WIP, I ordered it with the shell so it's currently stock. I'll strip Pilotwings or Mario Kart in order to get a DSP.

Planned:
    EDMD - Kawasaki superbike, Silver cart
    EDMS - Sonic Chaos, Silver cart
    ED64 - Turok II, black cart
    EDSNES - Yet undetermined.

20. dragonstrap

dragonstrap Spirited Member

edit: "Final Stretch" for SNES does not include the 74h.. whatever it's called chip.