The favorite item you've found

Discussion in 'Member Game Collections' started by ASSEMbler, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Richr0n

Richr0n Active Member

I've found a SEGA Mega Drive II years ago, probably somewhere in the middle of the GameCube era, it was the last one in a forgotten video games department. Bought it for about 55 euros, new. I moved to a different house and it's magically gone along of all my old consoles. I've also found, around the end of the PS2 era, in an also forgotten video games department, ICO Limited Edition sealed, which I still have.

AUSTIN PEYTON and americandad like this.
  2. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

I found a working slim ps2 with cables and a memory card when throwing the trash once. Another time I found an amiga 500. Don't know if it worked and I gave it away to a retro game shop.
    It was very cool just find these things.
    The favourite is the ps2 as I played a lot on it. Finnished Under the Skin and Liberty City Stories on it :)

3. TheGameTagerZ

TheGameTagerZ Spirited Member

This is probably my absolute favorite poster! Glad I ran into it.
    [​IMG]

Digmac likes this.
  4. Digmac

Digmac Removed for Not Reuploading Juiced Fast Enough

That thing is so beautiful it's not even funny.

5. TheGameTagerZ

TheGameTagerZ Spirited Member

It's a real looker. Definitely getting framed this week.

6. Phillip Aggazio

Phillip Aggazio Rising Member

I would say my fondest memory was finding a turbo grafx 16 system for sale at my local gaming store and purchasing it.I was quite excited. I always wanted to play it!

7. Kallus

Kallus Seriously Serious Member

My favorite item would have to be my two N64 consoles. The one I grew up with was ny Transparent Green N64. I had both Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario 64. The game I played the most was Star Wars: The Shadows of the Empire. I also loved F-Zero: X, my second one Picked up at a yard sale last year, had 4 controllers and came with a box. Right now I'm hunting down a new copy of Kirby: Crystal Shards because I lost my old one.

8. biochoke

biochoke Rising Member

I found a copy of Starwing competition for the PAL SNES in a garage sale for 1 buck, and there is only 2000 copies of this in the world

I also found a boxed and complete copy of the zelda game & watch for 2 bucks :)

9. AUSTIN PEYTON

AUSTIN PEYTON Gutsy Member

I found a complete in box sega saturn for 20 bucks at a pawn shop. The system was essentially never used.

10. Gooner692

Gooner692 Rising Member

My best find ever to date was a complete Death Return Of Superman for the Sega Megadrive £15 from a local gaming shop!! (2012).

I have had other bargains but this is probably the best.

11. Joeyhorrorfan

Joeyhorrorfan Member

The two that I remember the best:
    Found an Atari 2600 at a flea market, CIB, with 2 games. All in good condition, paid $80 for it. Still has the price tag from when it was originally sold in stores.
    Got a Dreamcast from a yard sale free box.

12. Synnett

Synnett GC Controller Hoarder

I found a Symphonic Green Gamecube Controller for $40 on a French auction website, while it sells for over $200 on eBay.

Extremely overpriced but I don't care much anymore, as I own it now! o/

13. Ss4gogeta0

Ss4gogeta0 Rapidly Rising Member

just picked this up from goodwill for $4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

my first japanese import <3

14. iStreet

iStreet Rapidly Rising Member Marketplace Suspension (Rules violation)

That would be my PSX DESR-5100 and Playstation programming debug tool system from Konami.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WickedlNl, Shademp, Dennis-GT and 2 others like this.
  15. Eclipse0

Eclipse0 Newly Registered

I bought a non-functional Sega Nomad for $10. I opened it up and the only problem it had was the typical issue where the solder connection for the power jack had broken. A simple reflow and it was good as new!

I bought a complete in box, MINT condition Super Star Wars trilogy (all 3 games) off eBay for $45 shipped. The store selling it was a mom-and-pop antique shop, this was the only video game/electronic related anything they were selling. The manuals looked like they'd never been opened. The cartridges were still in the plastic bags and the cardboard inserts were in perfect condition. They obviously had no idea what they had.

I was at a garage sale once and bought a few PSX games for like $3 out of a bin of CDs. I talked with the lady for a couple minutes, and as I was leaving, she chased after me and asked me "Do you want this?", and handed me an Atari Jaguar (with A/V cable). She said she couldn't sell it because it didn't have a power cable, but I could have it for free. I took it home and hooked it up with a Model 1 Genesis power adapter and it worked perfectly :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    thedarkpersian likes this.
  16. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

I came across a new in box GX tv. Not sure if it's valuable, but pretty impossible to find.

17. sporefrog08

sporefrog08 Spirited Member

I am searching an official Shadowrun SNES promo poster since 1993.
    a few weeks ago I finally found it.
    this poster was always the number 1 on my most wanted videogame (promo) list.
    I must admit that its just insane that it took 24 years to finally get it but here is the bad boy:)
    [​IMG]

thedarkpersian, Beatbroken and Kao like this.
  18. NeC5552

NeC5552 All your skullz are belong to us.

I got a transparent (clear-case) PS1 controller, and it's an official one at that. It's for the older grey PS1 though, evidenced by the grey connector.(slim would have a white rounded connector)

It was in a bundle with a normal grey controller that had a broken left analog stick and which I gutted.

19. nismoztuner34

nismoztuner34 Member

Well my favorite find was a used and very cheap Japanese launch model PlayStation 2 SCPH-10000. I was at the time collecting many revisions of the Sony PS2 mainly the fat case design. It was my favorite because it was cheap but also rare to find in this condition. Owner said it couldn't read discs so I tested it, boots up like a normal ps2 which is good. One little problem is how the disc tray opens. I eject the tray, its slow. And once I insert a disc, it already closes back in! Impatient PS2. Yeah and now I got it, its going to be sitting next to the ps2s that I have collected. Price for that SCPH-10000 was $20.00 USD plus $12.00 shipping. Found it off of eBay!. Sadly 3 of my ps2s had to go to waste, but now I have this awesome find along with another ps2 which is a D Chassis V4 SCPH-30001. I might send in a picture of my collection. Soon after I get a PS4 and when preordering GT Sport is taken care of, I will continue collecting more PS2 hardware and send in some pics of the consoles I acquired.

20. iStreet

iStreet Rapidly Rising Member Marketplace Suspension (Rules violation)

This is what i found a couple weeks ago. Boxed and fully working!
    [​IMG]