The favorite item you've found

Discussion in 'Member Game Collections' started by ASSEMbler, Dec 4, 2010.

1. AcidKid

AcidKid Active Member

My CIB PAL SNES ( Super Mario All Stars edition ), that would have to be the trump card in my collection... I managed to pick it up at a market for $15 along with Fighters Megamix for the Sega Saturn ( Which I sadly sold, along with my Saturn collection ).

2. Nina

Nina Rapidly Rising Member

Since a few days, one of my favourite items is the limited blue Sega Game Gear, as it's in a brilliant condition, with no scratches on the screen and good backlight and loud sound!
    I don't know if it's rare, but I really like the colour and the seller told me it was never available in Europe (where I'm from)
    Got Sonic Chaos in mint condition with it. My Sonic is looking at all the nice gaming stuff :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

That's a really nice blue Game Gear! Those were only available on the North American market (Japan had a light-blue one though!). :)

4. davidwilliam

davidwilliam Spirited Member

nice blue gamegear! so awesome

5. Nina

Nina Rapidly Rising Member

thank you! I am carrying around all the time hehe. Last time in the subway a guy with a PS Vita was starring at it, I wonder what he thought. It's a real beauty I think.

6. sploit

sploit Rising Member

I think out of all of my games stuff, probably my Master System 2 console and the Sonic cartridge I got with it are my favourite games items that I own as that was my first SEGA console and the first game for it that I got pretty addicted to (alongside Alex the Kidd, which was built in).

7. MrKijo

MrKijo Rising Member

PAL Panzer Dragoon Saga (minus outer box and kind of beaten up, but still, worked) from a carboot sale just outside Cheltenham - £3.

8. TriMesh

TriMesh Site Supporter 2013-2017

I think my favorite one would be the Dreamcast I got for HK $40 (about US $5) from one of the electronics junk sellers in ApLiu street - just the console with the video cable but no controller - but it did have a (100% working) BBA attached to it.

9. Paperweight

Paperweight Active Member

I found a cdi-220 in an electronics shop among the many bins of miscellaneous stuff. had no price on it but the clerk had no idea what it was and let me have it for $15. was a good deal back when I got it (mid 90's), the shipping alone on a 220 would've cost more.

have other things in my collection that most would say are cooler than the cdi-220 but it's one of the few interesting things i've found in the wild.

10. kurtori

kurtori Spirited Member

For me I think it may be the Zelda Twilight Princess Preview Trailer cart for the DS, like the one in the attached pic. It was a giveaway to attendees of the Nintendo 2005 E3 Media Briefing.

zelda_ds_trailer-776307.jpg

I would definitely have been scouring to find a copy post-E3, but I was extremely lucky in that I was in attendance at the media briefing when they surprised everyone by giving them away on the way out. :D

11. Celestiacanterlot

Celestiacanterlot Rising Member

This famiclone from a second hand store.

[​IMG]

12. Booger4847

Booger4847 Newly Registered

I think my favorite was probably finding a Tapwave Zodiac 2 at goodwill. It came with all the accesories for 15$. I don't play it, but I had never heard of it when I bought it, so I got to learn and research about a system with it in hand.

13. sonicdude10

sonicdude10 So long AG and thanks for all the fish!

Got some new favorites that are on the way to me now. A 1.1 Xbox console that is being worked over by Trusty with 128MB RAM and a 1.4Ghz Tualatin CPU mod. Also have a debug kit. FINALLY! Got one of those darned things coming.

14. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

Congrats sonicdude!
    I love my debug kit, hope you enjoy yours as well.

15. sonicdude10

sonicdude10 So long AG and thanks for all the fish!

I'm sure I will. Gonna get an old PC set up with Windows XP and install the Partner.net development software. Also need the XP OS to flash some Samsung SD616T drives so 2 birds 1 stone there.

Now I need a dev kit and a DreamX 1480.

16. Segata Sanshiro

Segata Sanshiro speedlolita

My Famitsu Game Boy Light. When I was collecting Game Boy systems I thought I'd never get my hands on one of these for a decent price. Has to be the prettiest and most functional Game Boy system.

17. tknjin

tknjin Spirited Member

One of my favorites that I actually got was from an ebay seller. It is Purikura Daisakusen for the Japanese Sega Saturn. I only paid $15(1500yen) including shipping, but this item had the calendar, registration card, and the spine card. I have heard little about the game, however, when I bought it and booted it to my sega saturn...it was bliss. The 2d colors, the controls, beautiful game. Definitely one of my more uncommon games that I spent quite a small price for :)

18. Commander47

Commander47 Spirited Member

I remember going into Liverpool City centre a few years ago on the bus.
    it went past cash convertors and in the shop with my sharp eyes I spotted a Snes boxed.
    the shop was opposite side of the road.
    i could not jump off the bus quick enough.
    so I go in an ask to look at it , box was in ok nick and I was prepared of bright yellow console.
    BUT! It was like new inside doubt it has ever been used , I tried looking for marks on the cartridge bay and on the pad nothing at all , all in original bags and ties around the wires. £20.00 I bought it for.

19. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

My most beloved is the Saturn that I got in a mom and pop game store for about $35 and the complete Saturn Outrun spine card and all.

20. shaunboots

shaunboots Member

almost an impossible question... my favorite FOUND thing is probably my arcade cab that i found on the side of the road. I had to learn to repair it from scratch and had to replace the monitor chassis. had so much fun fixing it up and adding to it.
    but my most favorite thing wasn't found, I won it! I have a blockbuster world video game championship II watch that I won for being a store champion in the younger age group. I also got an EA sports yoyo that's kinda cool.