The contact a local for help thread.

Discussion in 'The ASSEMblergames Marketplace' started by port187, Apr 13, 2010.

1. ShadowZero

ShadowZero Spirited Member

2. reprep

reprep Gutsy Member

3. Cyberghost

Cyberghost Peppy Member

It has been literally years since I've seen one in any gamestop, and I go to gamestop often, went to 2 different ones even today. In fact, dont even see any gamecube accessories recently, except for the gamestop-brand controllers.

4. A Toubib

A Toubib Midnight Xbox Crew

x2 Yea sorry about that reprep. It's been a while since Gamestop has had any in stock. Been to 4 stores in Michigan. Nothing. Online is empty as well. I might check my local hobby store today, if I see any for cheap I'll let you know.

5. sonicdude10

sonicdude10 So long AG and thanks for all the fish!

I did a search on FleaBay and the cheapest I could find them for NTSC models is around $30 with disc. The base unit alone seems to be much cheaper some being as low as $5 but the startup disc alone costs around $25 to $40 or even more.

6. reprep

reprep Gutsy Member

thanks for all the kind answers. ebay prices (the ones including disc) are too much for me, i would be very glad if i can get one with a reasonable price including shipping.

7. kungmidas

kungmidas <B>Site Supporter 2013</B><BR><B>Site Benefactor</

8. reprep

reprep Gutsy Member

thanks for all of the kind offers. i ended up buying a gameboy player without disc for 23$ shipped and an action replay cd and memory card dongle for 20$ shipped. i can use the action replay and the memory card dongle to boot iso from sd card or boot backup-dvdrs and use this method to boot the gameboy startup disc.

9. A Toubib

Do you know where to find a disc? They are kind of a pain to find online because they are so expensive. (At least in the U.S)

10. reprep

reprep Gutsy Member

unfortunately no, i don't know where to find a working gameboy player startup disc, unless you are ready to pay at 30-40$. that was the main reason i went to action replay route as the other alternative was to modchip the console and i don't want to do that. homebrew and backup loading via action replay is a nice bonus too.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  11. A Toubib

Just a quick question for anyone in the EU. Does anyone know if there were any White PS2 consoles released in that region (PAL), Fat or Slim?

12. kungmidas

I'm in Sweden, I think 50004 was only released here in black, silver and blue. Less sure about the slim, can't recall ever seeing a white one that wasn't imported though.

EDIT: of course this could be different in other EU countries

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  13. beepboop

beepboop <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  14. Cyberghost

Cyberghost Peppy Member

That website is not completely accurate. Europe got pink PS2's, SCPH-77000 series with the singstar bundle. The US got ceramic white SCPH-79000 series in the singstar bundle. The US didnt get white matching memory cards though, and white controllers were never sold individually, while the European ones came with a matching memory card and a second matching controller.

As far as I know, Europe never got white PS2's, apart from the extremely rare Automobile editions, 666 of each: super red, light yellow, silver, astral blue, and finally snow white. each region got 666 of each color of these SCPH-30000R series PS2's.

http://www.gamechoiceclub.com/image/ps2_sys_color.gif

15. beepboop

beepboop <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

Hum, the more you know. Thanks from me as well.

16. kungmidas

Wow, I fail at life. Add me in Sweden to the list. http://www.tradera.com is the biggest ebay-ish thing here (technically it is ebay).

(Still looking for anyone in Japan :) )

17. A Toubib

Ah, that's what I was thinking. I'd been looking for some time for White PAL PS2 and was wondering why I couldn't find any luck. I'd been looking on UK, French, and Australian websites, and I couldn't find a single one.

Thanks for the help.

18. Logi26

Logi26 Site Supporter 2014

Mate there has been one listed on ebay uk for months. It is in great condition but the guy is asking £499 for it. He also has a yellow version for sale.
    Everything this guy is selling is overpriced IMO, he has a blue debug PS1-£499, a green debug PS1-£999, a PS2 Test-£499 and a Ninokuni slim PS3-£799

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WHITE-FAT...VideoGames_Merchandise_RL&hash=item4610e9a615

19. A Toubib

Thanks for the tip. I agree it's on the high side though for a PS2 (especially since it's not complete), but at least his in good condition. Automotive Paint Consoles are difficult to find in good condition since scratches really show on those consoles.

I'm still looking though. I'm hoping that one of the PAL nations got some sort of White PS2 that I could purchase.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  20. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Member

Looking for someone in the USA, need some games shipped from Ebay to Belgium. Thanks in advance! :)