The annoying issue when youtube videos get many things wrong

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by subbie, Jul 23, 2017.

1. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

It really is sad they can't spend a little bit of time just doing a little bit of research. I get they are just talking off the cusp but at least make the effort to get it as accurate as possible.

2. PessimisticPenguin

PessimisticPenguin Плохо пигвин

Don't you know? Youtube isn't about making anything of quality anymore. It's just about pushing as many videos as you can to get as many views as possible to get that ad money. A lot of these people need to get real god damn jobs. I want to scream when I see some crybaby "youtuber" complaining about google demonetizing their videos or something. "But I need to eat!"

Don't forget to support me on patreon guys. Showing a slideshow of images while speaking my opinion about a recent piece of gaming news costs a lot of money to be produced. Your support is appreciated!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    DSwizzy145, rso and takeshi385 like this.
  3. subbie

subbie Guardian of the Forum

True but I more mean I though they played/covered doom on 32x in a play video outside avgn but maybe I am miss remembering.

Better yet, if the video is off the cuff and errors are made, add video notations after the fact to correct yourself. Tons of other youtubers do this. =/

4. rso

rso °

Hey, I just did a reaction video on your slideshow video! So like and subscribe and click the bell and support my mobile game on Dickstarter!

sayin999, DSwizzy145 and takeshi385 like this.
  5. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Did 'Fight for Life' (Jaguar) have a more finished build that Atari didn't release or is that more rampant Youtube BS?

I just haven't heard that before, link to the source of info @ 10:49:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeZs1Jkpn8o

6. subbie

I have a hard time taking anything "Larry Bundy Jr" as accurate anymore. He has been wrong or goes against his videos whole premise multiple times. It also come to light that when sales values are not fully known he fubs the numbers as a way to know when people are using his info as a source. =|

7. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Good to know, I usually shy away from his videos for the extreme lazy style he uses. Not only that, after watching like 3 over time I can see that the style, sound samples, even that damn picture, never change. I mean I shouldn't be surprised that such a seemingly lazy person wouldn't take the time to proper fact check either.

DSwizzy145 likes this.
  8. takeshi385

takeshi385 Mojarra Frita Bandit

Pat the NES punk hasn't been researching the topic before doing CUpodcast lately. He just released a video about the new n64 controller on kickstarter that has many problems.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    DSwizzy145 and Yakumo like this.
  9. Marmotta

Marmotta Dauntless Member

Pat doesn't really seem too knowledgeable about most post-NES stuff, yet always spouts nonsense with such assuredness.

*although he also stated that the NES-001 is technically better than the NES-101, which is obviously completely wrong.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    takeshi385 likes this.
  10. Neo-Alec

Neo-Alec Rapidly Rising Member

I've come to expect mistakes in youtube videos. Watch AdamKoralik for a great example of someone who's popular because he knows how to go on about topics, but often gets the facts wrong. He said there were no third party games on Neo Geo.

That's too bad to hear. I generally like Digital Foundry, but I don't expect anyone on youtube to be right all the time. I was surprised John was so head over heels over Sonic Mania, but maybe I shouldn't be.

11. subbie

when a youtuber puts others to shame by actually investigating the story

Johnny, xraymind and Borman like this.
  12. Johnny

Johnny Gran Turismo Freak and Site Supporter 2013,2015

Stuart videos are truly awesome.

His videos about Wolf 3D, Doom, Quake and Half-Life are insanely well done. Other aspects like graphics evolution and guns history (using games as image reference) are must watch as well.