The amputee gaming channel

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by batmitereturns, Aug 14, 2017.

1. batmitereturns

batmitereturns Spirited Member

As some of you know I am a recent Quad amputee. I have been a member of this forum and did mostly lurking in that timE., Slowly but surely I started doing more and more things. I am bowling, I am drawing and painting and I still have my love and passion of videogames. A lot of my friends and family have told me to post videos of me playing because they can't believe how well I do. So that is what this is, just another selfless promotion of a new channel of me playing retro video games and doing a little bit of commentating on it. If you like to check it out the link is below, thanks.

https://www.youtube....VBAZn5GMwW8kvEQ

Johnny, Digmac, coal stepping and 4 others like this.
  2. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Interesting channel. Do you use custom joysticks to hell you play? I'd like to see them if you do.

batmitereturns, coal stepping and LD like this.
  3. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

This is very inspiring. I'm very sorry that you have to face such hardships, you're certainly a model for those that don't realize they can overcome them.

I'm curious about your setup and how you operate it, if you're comfortable discussing it.

EDIT: I just realized taht maybe you discuss it alread in the video, I can't watch with sound on right now.

batmitereturns and LD like this.
  4. coal stepping

coal stepping Site Supporter 2014

A lil off topic but I was watching your videos and it's the first time I realized the eswat suit came with built in fried chicken and kareoke mic IMG_20170814_110436.jpg IMG_20170814_110457.jpg

5. batmitereturns

I have an Xbox 360 controller that I can prop up on my leg. I have to lean back in my wheelchair, prop up my leg and then use the residual limb on the left stick and the right residual limb is for the buttons. I can play almost anything but I struggle a little bit with the triggers. I have been a subscriber to your channel for quite some time and look forward to a new video every Saturday. Thanks for the kind words.

-=FamilyGuy=- and Yakumo like this.
  6. batmitereturns

Sorry I don't have any way of taping myself playing the games. If you would like, here is a video of a news piece they did on me a few months ago.

7. mettleramiel

mettleramiel Robust Member

Some people with disabilities won't let anything stop them and make the rest of us look lazy. I have a friend who has hands and feet but no arms or legs. He pushes himself in a wheelchair, goes to a gym, has a full time job as a troubled youth councelor, owns a dog food busines, has three patents for disability aids and he drives his own car. You can't tell this guy that he can't do something because he will do it.

On another note, you mentioned the trigger buttons being tricky. I remember a few years ago Ben Heck was selling the Access controller which was designed for amputees by allowing you to move around all the buttons. I don't know if it's still available, but I would not be surprised that you could find somebody in the console hacking community willing to modify a controller for you.

8. batmitereturns

o
    wow, very interesting. thanks for the tip.

9. Demonatas

Demonatas That guy

wow. just wow. awesome to see.

edit. You're a genuine badass, and inspiration to us all.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    batmitereturns likes this.
  10. batmitereturns

hey, thanks for the comments