The All 3 Console club

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by GodofHardcore, Dec 27, 2018.

1. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

Just wondering who else has Switch,PS4 and some flavor of Xbox one.

2 weeks with XBox one X. 1 year with Switch and 3 years with PS4

Switch is my primary. The other two Duke it out over what Third party games go where.

Who is in club, what's your primary and how is your time divided?

2. TriMesh

TriMesh Site Supporter 2013-2017

I've got all 3 too - I can't remember the exact dates, but it was within a month of each coming out. I replaced the Xbox one with an X about 6 months ago, but still on the original PS4. I guess I play the Switch the most, but that's only in a relative sense.

3. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

I'll have you know the Switch is a handheld more than a home console
    I recognize the PSTV as a home console more than the Switch

4. GodofHardcore

I

DSwizzy145 likes this.
  5. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

It's like an Nvidia Shield, with more of a gimmick. Sorry but it aint sitting well with me.

6. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

2x xbox one, 1x xbox one x, 1x ps4 Pro and 3x switch in this house.

Shield too (and pstv).

PixelButts likes this.
  7. Bearking

Bearking Konsolkongen

Bought the PS4 at launch, and traded it for a Pro at launch. It's a really good system with a ton of great exclusives. I especially love Persona 5 and Bloodborne :)

Got the Switch a few months after release, and really love it. It's definitely not a handheld console primarily, as it has real proper games :)

Bought the original Xbox One as soon as they started shipping it without Kinect, as I wanted to take no part in any of that shit. Probably used that system for a total of 60 hours over two years, and half of that would have been updating and installing the games. It's by far the worst console I have ever owned. There's almost nothing exclusive worth playing on it, and with very few exceptions all third party games ran better on the PS4 anyway. Add to that, that the dashboard is horrible mess cluttered in awful ads everywhere, and you just have a terrible product :(

That being said, I bought the Xbox One X a few months after release mainly because of the backward compatibility which is amazing! And being the most powerful console some of the third party games are well worth playing on X rather than Pro, even though the whole Xbox ecosystem is just cumbersome and awful. But once you're in a game it mostly doesn't matter anyway :)
    I kinda like the X, but I still don't feel that there's enough on the platform to justify owning one. Playing (a very few) 360 games in 4k is neat and all, but it's sad if that's the consoles biggest selling point.

8. Mord.Fustang

Mord.Fustang Dauntless Member

PS4-only owner here. I will eventually get a Switch (which will mostly be a docked home console ;) ). No desire to get an Xbox One since I have a PS4.

I am not part of the club :eek: Can we still be friends?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  9. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

The switch is great, you should try it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    Bearking likes this.
  10. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

I have. The joycons are too small for my liking and I'd prefer to not buy a pro controller.

11. Bearking

Bearking Konsolkongen

The single joycon is about the most terrible controller ever made. In theory it’s a neat and easy way to play multiplayer, but the layout is terrible, especially the right joycon as the stick is too far to the right when holding it vertically, and the button labels are a confusing mess. I cannot believe they ditched the d-pad for this shit :(

With the joycon grip the two joycons form a functional but not great controller, but the Pro controller is the best current controller. I really like that one a lot. Not that there is anything terrible about either the PS4 and Xbox One controller :)

12. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

I don't mind the whole joy con concept, there's been a few occasions where the 'break away' feature came in handy because I just didn't have any controllers with me. I think that's the point, even if you're not prepared you can at least have that option.

As for "the club", just Switch and PS4 Pro here. I don't see the point in getting an Xbox this generation when I have a PC that can play any Xbox game I would want to anyway.

13. GodofHardcore

I can't win anyone over on any flavor of Xbox one. I noticed I already have more Microsoft published games than Sony published. I think XBox now is for people who want the PC experience but can't be bothered with the Tinkering PCs require to get the best performance.

Switch, there are ways of making the Joycons decent. But a Pro controller or grip is a must. Out of all 3 the switch has the most games in the pipeline I want.

PS4 seems to be everyone's default but the Censorship scandal is mirroring Sega of Japan's Fued with Sega of America back in the day. But regardless there is plenty to play and plenty still coming. If you don't have one get one just for Yakuza, thank me later. Until Yakuza is multiplatform PlayStation has a place under my TV.

14. psydefx

psydefx Robust Member

got a ps4 (phat) two years ago which is my primary on 5.05 firmware. then got the ps4 slim black friday deal as a backup really and will remain sealed unless i wanna go in psn or do online. will get a switch in a couple of weeks. not into xbox, never have been

15. GodofHardcore

It took me a long time to get on the Xbox one Train. Sony Censorship gate the and Xbox one X going on sale were the main factors.

I see 0 reason to get an Xbox one S unless you want a cheap secondary Console. But the upgrades the X offers yeah let's go back to Xbox and right away I had about 90 games from my 360 days waiting for me.

X is a hell of a good Blu Ray player too.

16. Arcadia

Arcadia Robust Member

Bought an X1S just to play a specific game online with a friend, and to have a 4K blu-ray player. Otherwise it's pc only here.

17. MonkeyBoyJoey

MonkeyBoyJoey 70's Robot Anime GEPPY-X (PS1) Fanatic

I've got a PS4, Xbone S, and Switch. I use my Xbox for playing games online with family far away, my PS4 for VR mostly, and the Switch for Nintendo games and some indie games. I also have a PC that I use the most.

18. GodofHardcore

I don't get PC and Console because like 90% of everything including doms Console exclusives are on PC too.

19. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I have a PS4 slim, and that's it. I just got it this year. I was late to getting any systems this generation, because most of the new games that I've wanted to play can be played on my PC. What ultimately convinced me to get a PS4 were its exclusives. So far, I'm really enjoying it, though my library of games for it is still fairly small.

I would like to get a Switch, but I'm not really in a hurry to do that. Other than Nintendo games, my PC and PS4 can play all of the games that I would actually want to play - therefore, I'm not interested in the Xbox One. Also, my PC can play games in higher quality than the Xbox One X.

I'm actually more likely to get a Wii U than any other system right now, since I never had one. I'm aware that the Switch has many of the Wii U's games already, but there are some others that I'm interested in - plus I think the Wii U is an interesting system in general. Also, the Wii U is much cheaper than the Switch.

20. GodofHardcore

I see no need for the Wii U as most of it's games are on Switch.

I KIND OF want to get a Wii since Sega has no interest in doing Sonic Colors HD.

PS2/GameCube/Xbox was the last time I was in the All 3 club. All 3 died