The AKI Corporation / Syn Sophia - Pro Wrestling Games for the WWF, WCW, and Japan 2018 Thread

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by TheKramerShow, Nov 23, 2017.

1. TheKramerShow

TheKramerShow My Name is Kramer. And you are on the Kramer Show.

Hello,

I want to make a thread for this particular wrestling series. Hopefully we can bring more attention to this franchise.

A lot of people are interested in leaks, beta, unreleased content, and most importantly the actual source engine to the franchise. A lot of people enjoyed WWF No Mercy for the N64. Most us want the source engine for that game.

I don't have to talk about the modding community that is built around this franchise because that is a separate legacy on its own. They have done a lot of amazing work like doing rom hacks and upgrading the textures. I know they do more than that but if you are interested in whats out there, here you go http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion/index

Now back to the topic itself. We are interested in leaks, betas, unreleased content, and most importantly, the actual source engine to the series. Can this be done? What do we know?

What can AKI fans do? We all signed the petition. We all sent emails, contacted the USA and Japanese offices but they never answer. Social media accounts are not worth trying because they never reply. So what can AKI fans do? That is the question.

Here is a list of games that they made that most of us are interested in. I am excluding their other games from this list.
    also

In the year 2000, the fans were told about a game called WWF Backlash .
    A sequel was announced in the form of WWF Backlash which only ever appeared in Nintendo Power, but it was cancelled due to support for the Nintendo 64 dropping near the end of its lifespan.

So there you have it. Share me your thoughts in regards to a source engine leak. is it possible? is it possible for Syn Sophia to release another wrestling game today ? what can we do.

Thanks for replies...

bonus link - http://hg101.kontek.net/akiwrestling/akiwrestlinggames.htm

Arcadia likes this.
  2. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

I remember playing one (or two) of these with friends when I was younger. The N64 was the one and only console I played wrestling games on, and I remember we used to have a lot of fun. I remember the one we played had lots of cool shit you could pick up and smash each other with.

3. TheKramerShow

Wrestling games were probably the best on the n64 mainly due to the devs who made the game.
    the ps2 had a decent run with their collections but after that it went down hill. i know 2K has been some improvements but we all want to go back to the classics.

I guess the only good thing we have going right other the mods is that the n64 emulation scene is getting much better in terms of accurate emulation. look at retroarch .. amazing stuff they are doing right now.

4. Lionheart

Lionheart Robust Member

5. sammyrms1

sammyrms1 Rapidly Rising Member

Wasn't that the build that THQ showcased in E3 2000?

6. Prometheus

Prometheus Site supporter 2016

I always thought Day of Reckoning 2 on Gamecube was the closest to the N64 AKI wrestling games. Not identical, but much closer than any other wrestling game I've played.

I'm pretty sure Bobo Mcloud has the No Mercy prototypes, plus a PAL one that's likely identical to retail. You can see the four in his N64 prototype album.

http://s411.photobucket.com/user/ramashotton/library/?sort=3&page=1

I'm shocked nobody has mentioned it before. I was going to ask him about those three NTSC ones but since he didn't have it listed in his FS thread I just assumed he had something else planned for them. Whether he intends to dump them or sell them, I don't know. Hopefully he hasn't sold them yet.

7. TheKramerShow

Thanks for the knowledge. It's nice to see that there are a few prototypes out there. Still no actual news on the source engine itself? that's a bummer.

8. TheKramerShow

Any updates to this thread?

9. pato

pato Resolute Member

What about Def Jam?

10. TheKramerShow

Yes i guess you can add it to the list but i would not if the source engine for that game will allow us to make wrestling games. We all prefer the source engine for no mercy

11. Bobo Mcloud

Bobo Mcloud Robust Member

Ive been out of the scen for a while now but selling a few more of my prototypes, the july version of wwf no mercy that was mentioned will be put up for sale.

Lionheart likes this.
  12. Lionheart

Lionheart Robust Member

That's awesome :D. I would buy it myself if i had the cash or the equipment/know-how to rip the rom from the cart

13. TheKramerShow

How many versions do we have for this game? what are the major differences between all versions? Also, what are your insights on a source engine release or a remake / new wrestling game from syn sophia?

14. TheKramerShow

Any other leaks, news, or anything else? not to sure if this link is allowed, but this is the biggest AKI community around. they just update their domain and forum. check it out at
    Code:
    http://nextwave-64.online