The 2016 Prototype Releases thread!

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by Bramsworth, Jan 1, 2016.

1. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

The little tech demo from CES 95? Yeah I'd take anything really. Personally any of the unreleased games being worked on would be amazing (Dragon Hopper, G-Zero, Bomberman, Wrestling, there's tons..)

2. shane7951

shane7951 Spirited Member

I would love to see a Famicom Ninja Gaiden prototype come out. I've seen screenshots that show some early builds with different backgrounds and changes to the point/health system. Of course I'd also love to own the cart, one can dream. o_O

3. Goblin 6

Goblin 6 Rising Member

The one reason i wanted the Re0 HD Was the Wesker Mode they added to it i thought it was awesome capcom decided actually add more to a game that old which is what i look for in RE games when it comes to HD ports etc.

Another awesome thing they did was they actually added rebecca's protoype outfit from re0 n64!!!! i seen that and couldnt believe it. its pretty cool to see capcom actually acknowledge the n64 version! so its pretty cool playing in it for now its the closest we will have of the proto lol

4. Meer

Meer Spirited Member

verne94 likes this.
  5. Xzx123

Xzx123 Robust Member

Just for those who don't check threads in the downloads section of the forum, BrYaN55 of the Silent Hill Community forum uploaded a pre-final Silent Hill Trade Demo (SLUS-80707).

6. good

good Robust Member

7. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

There is a huge UK demos archive from theisozone for xbox original.
    Mar 27, 2016

8. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Not sure I'd count demo discs from magazines as protos, though. They're a dime a dozen and count as official releases, essentially. There's rare cases where it's a long lost PSX demo only distributed in Japan(happened with an unreleased game I forget the name of), but that's an exception.

But thanks for sharing so others can check that out. I'm surprised there's not more demo disc ripping efforts out there, there's tons probably not shared I bet.

PixelButts likes this.
  9. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

I have a few Japanese exclusive Saturn demo discs that are beta versions of the retail game with many differences. From Wing Arms to Marvel Super Heroes.

10. Moo

Moo Gutsy Member

There was some NBA game for PS1 that was unreleased but demodiscs were given out at a NBA Game. I dunno if it was ever dumped but I think it's rare.

11. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

You would think that sports games and sports related game discs would be dumped due to the sheer number of games there are. Even if its on a demo disc thats still something I cant wrap my mind around

12. badinsults

badinsults Peppy Member

That is NBA 2 Ball. A couple of those are known to exist. There is a video of it.

13. LocalH

LocalH Spirited Member

I count them as officially-released prototype builds. For example, the Guitar Hero II demo from OPM 110 is an early build of the game with menus locked away (for example, an early practice mode that doesn't use preprocessed audio for the slower speeds, of which that functionality actually still exists in the retail game but unused).

SILENT_Pavel and Kao like this.
  14. Xzx123

Xzx123 Robust Member

Yeah, counting demo discs as protos probably depends on the specific case. For instance, the Rockman X4 proto build out there came from a pressed demo disc, but it is absolutely similar to prototypes of other Rockman games (sample on title screen and locked levels).

15. badinsults

badinsults Peppy Member

Xzx123 and Borman like this.
  16. speedyink

Here's a link to the Super Monkey Ball Deluxe PS2 Beta I released. Forgot to post it here before. A few minor differences, definitely not as stable as it should be in the party games, also save function does not work. Could be other differences, haven't had to time to fully explore, no save has helped with that..

http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/super-monkey-ball-deluxe-ps2-beta.60126/

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  17. Moo

Moo Gutsy Member

18. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

I gave it a shot and saved by force of habit only to find that the game froze :eek:
    I'll look into it more because I rather enjoy it.

19. speedyink

I waited an awful long time the first time I found out, lol. Juuust in case it was taking extra long. Then looking at the memory card afterwords it just makes a 1kb "corrupt data" file.

20. speedyink