TED on gamedoctorhk region mod?

Discussion in 'Turbo Everdrive' started by randomc, Mar 27, 2014.

1. randomc

randomc Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-Pc-Engi...0ixmyJSvLrN0vIqJ4JTZs%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I really don't know if any of you own one of these, but if one of you happens to own one of these and a Turbo ED, will it be okay to use a TED with this console? It has problems with certain region modded consoles (poorly installed switches can fry the thing) and I was wondering if these mods are of good quality before I buy a TED.

2. pza

pza <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

I have a CoreGrafx2 with that damn region mod installed. Are you sure it can fry the TurboED (just ordered one today)??

3. randomc

randomc Member

You say that as if the mod poses problems, does it? I got my PC Engine today and my system works fine although I have no US games to play on it.

Also I don't know if it fries the thing or not, that's why I made the thread. I'm no expert but I don't think I'll have too many problems, maybe the problem stems from amateur mods. The guy's made quite a bit of these systems and as far as I know he's gotten no complaints over the quality of his mods. I don't know if any of his other customers use the everdrive, though.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  4. pza

Didn't have any problems with my CoreGrafx2 yet.
    I was just pissed, because I didn't know, that the mod was installed, when I bought it. I wanted to do a RGB mod, but had to give up due to 100000 wires that won't let me reach some points. And yes, I'm a soldering/electronics noob.

5. randomc

randomc Member

Can anyone else help with this?

6. randomc

randomc Member

Bizzy-de-zizzump

7. randomc

randomc Member

1, 2, 3, 4, buuuuump

8. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

The region mods just swap like 8 data lines. There is no real reason why it should "kill" anything if done correctly.

However, with the Turbo Everdrive you can play all regions anyway. You only need the mod for original cards.

9. randomc

randomc Member

So I got my Everdrive in the mail and it works perfectly fine with my system. Played both a Japanese game and an American game.

10. pza

After playing roms from both regions for several hours, I can also confirm that it works (CoreGrafxII with gamedoctorhk region mod, RGB mod, TED v1.2, SanDisk Micro-SDHC 16GB class 4, GoodPCE v1.09a).

Last edited: May 18, 2014