system shock 2 (DC)

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by social_drone, Jul 26, 2007.

1. social_drone

social_drone Rapidly Rising Member

i was playing the system shock 2 the other day and remembered that at some point someone was porting it to the dreamcast.

does anyone know what the status of this game is?

2. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

It got cancelled, how far no-one really knows as the screen caps shown could very well have been from the pc version.

3. BlueCrab

BlueCrab Member

Well, I actually have it on the hard drive of a devkit that I have. The copy I have looks like it might have a useful binary, but I've never tried to run it to test this theory.

I know there's a heck of a lot more of a chance that SS2 is runnable than the other game on the hard drive (which doesn't seem to have a binary... just lots of data files).

4. cez

cez Site Supporter

So, what are you waiting for?

5. Taemos

Taemos Officer at Arms

Everything I've read or seen indicated that the game didn't get past the planning stage on the DC. Try the binary out, because this could be pretty interesting.

6. wombat

wombat SEGA!

Well there are allot of programming wonders here on the board, I think. So if you eventually get stuck... then there are probally other people who are willing to help you out.

7. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Bluey let me see a dir output of the directory a while ago, I just didn't want to speak of what wasn't mine. I have long lost the listing but I can tell you it basically consisted of a wince bin, the wince libs and every data file 100% identical to that of SS2 PC, names, dates, byte size and all. It looks like all they did was port the executable over and left it at that.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007