SuperUFO pro 8 compatibility

Discussion in 'Everdrive Clones and Support' started by xmog123x, Nov 3, 2013.

1. xmog123x

xmog123x Peppy Member

I'm really happy with the superufo pro 8, as every game I wanted to play - works. Except one - Sutte Hakkun. I've read somewhere, that there are different roms with different checksums etc - the problem is I've tried every rom I could find in my set. Generally BS roms work on the superufo pro 8, is there some kind of method to making Sutte Hakkun work?

2. MottZilla

MottZilla Champion of the Forum

It's probably confused about the header information when loading the game and using the wrong mapping. It's a fairly common problem with BS ROMs. You could try altering the standard header area.

3. xmog123x

xmog123x Peppy Member

Yeah, when loading the rom, the title says す|っ|て|は|っ|く|ん instead of a regular すってはっくん。 so there are some erros, you have any idea how could I fix the headers? Excite bike or picross doesn't have these problems

4. KiddoCabbusses

KiddoCabbusses Active Member

Would you mind being more clear on which BS Version of the 3, or if it's the Retail or NP version, having difficulties running?

Interesting that some Satellaview games seem to run OK off the bat, by the way. I hear the SNES Powerpak is a good bit more finicky about them.

5. xmog123x

xmog123x Peppy Member

Every three of them

6. xmog123x

xmog123x Peppy Member

I noticed Krikzz's post on changing one byte in the BS roms to get them to work, at offset ffd7; E2 -> 0A, the problem is, I've got there a 29 :)

7. xmog123x

xmog123x Peppy Member

Has anyone got Dragon Quest 3 to work with a translation patch? From what I noticed. The original rom is 3mb, but after you apply the patch, it's size is bigger by a bit (cant remember now the exact size). I'm guessing that the sup8 doesnt have enough memory. Has anyone tried playing this?

8. AtomizerZero

AtomizerZero Intrepid Member

9. xmog123x

xmog123x Peppy Member

That's what I noticed. Isn't there a rom trimmer or sth to be done?

10. AtomizerZero

AtomizerZero Intrepid Member

Well, considering the original Japanese rom is 4MB's (32Mbits) to begin with, I highly doubt there would be anything to really trim. The Japanese rom is actually the max size that Super Ufo Pro 8 can handle. I'm going to check my sd2snes cart in a moment, and see if it works on that and edit this post.

EDIT: Yes, it works perfectly with sd2snes. It looks so good through the Mini Framemeister too :D

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014