Super Smash Bros for SNES?

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by SFChead, Dec 30, 2005.

1. SFChead

SFChead Active Member

Normally I wouldn't post topics like this without concrete info, but while searching for something else I stumbled upon this page, which states:

Was anything produced for the SNES version? Or was it just the idea that was moved to the N64? I can't find any information at all. Thanks.

2. the_steadster

the_steadster Site Soldier

I'd imagine not - Simply because the snes has nowhere near enough power, plus it was quite a late N64 release - if it had been in planning for a long time then it would presumably have come early on in the life of the N64

3. hl718

hl718 Site Soldier

I wouldn't trust anything on that site. A quick browse shows a bunch of outdated and inaccurate information. Looks like the webmaster posted whatever he or she chose without bothering to verify *anything*.

-hl718

4. Sally

Sally Guest

I've heard this rumor before, but i've never put much stock in it. I think nintendo wanted to make a fighter for the SNES and gave up, and they did later makd Smash Brothers, but i don't think it's the same thing. I don't think the SNES figher ever got off of the ground.

5. SFChead

SFChead Active Member

Do you think I'd have any luck emailing Nintendo about it?

6. Szczepaniak

Szczepaniak Robust Member

No, Nintendo's PR department is single handedly the worst PR department I have ever EVER dealt with (thanks for nothing guys, I nearly missed deadline waiting for an email that NEVER arrived).

It says polygon fighter? Maybe the guy is getting confused with "FX Fighter", a polygonal fighter that was meant to use the FX chip on the SNES, before being cancelled and instead released as a PC game. That sounds like the most likely answer to me.

7. Importaku

Importaku Import Maniac

The only reason this rumor ever started is, because in the trophy room in the jpn version there is super famicom with a cart in & the label looks vaugely like its a smash bros game.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  8. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Na, it started because some Nintendo Power said it I believe. I too remember reading it.

9. SFChead

SFChead Active Member

[​IMG]

Bah, I don't see how a rumor started over that. Anybody happen to have that Nintendo Power article on hand?

On a side note, I'm trying to remember this one website that I stumbled upon a while back- it allowed a project or goal to be defined, and let everybody contribute money towards this goal. The funds were transferred to an escrow account and then when the goal was complete the money was sent to the person/company. If it got cancelled or they didn't meet the cash goal, everybody's contributions were sent back.

Assuming somebody knows what site I'm talking about, do you think that it would be an effective means to pool together funds for purchasing unreleased games? I would gladly contribute $50 to see an alpha of this game (if it even exists) released.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  10. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

It doesn't . Move on.

11. Sally

Sally Guest

Signed, sealed and delivered... Doesn't exsist. Nintendo knew the capabilities of the FX chip better than anyone, and they said flat out that it couldn't be done. I'll guarantee that they never started coding.

12. SFChead

SFChead Active Member

Thanks for all your help guys- you put that to rest quickly.