Super SD System 3 by TerraOnion

Discussion in 'PC Engine / Turbografx Discussion' started by Mqark, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Mqark

Mqark Robust Member

So - out of the blue TerraOnion have built and are selling a system card less ODE (and Hucard replacing) device that also has RGB out and infinite saves to SD Card. It fully supports Arcade card pro games as well.

It's a nice product and something I'll probably end up buying as I was hoping for an ODE replacement.

Why do all the nice things come when I'm broke? :)

stevo9389 likes this.
  2. fille

fille Rapidly Rising Member

i ordered yesterday,quality products from terraonion,own both neosd aes and mvs also,works nice and they have great support.

3. stevo9389

stevo9389 Plays It Loud

Wow this came out much sooner than I expected. Thanks for the heads up!

4. MottZilla

MottZilla Champion of the Forum

Expensive but it sounds pretty awesome. Hopefully someone here can share their experience when they get one. If it does all it says and does it well then it's amazing.

5. Mqark

Mqark Robust Member

I think they've missed an opportunity to make it output HDMI as well as RGB - yes, it would have cost more money - but these guys are obviously technically proficient enough to have implemented it.
    In a day and age when everyone is retrofitting HDMI into various old consoles - I'd have preferred to have not had to have bought an OSSC or additional upscaler of some sort.
    But that's just me - I could have lived with 50 dollars more for the perfect solution. Still won't stop me buying it when I have the spare cash though!

6. MottZilla

I'm glad they went with providing analog RGB output. I think it works better since if you want to play older systems on a HDMI display then you probably already have an upscaler so you save money. Atleast that's how I look at it. I'd rather it cost less money than pay for something I don't need. It could be convenient for some people though.

7. krisk77

krisk77 Peppy Member

I use CRT Tv's and PVM's, HDMI support is a not a deal breaker for me, since I only use HDMI for current mainstream console hardware and PC.

I will be getting product in the new for sure.

8. abveost

abveost Robust Member

I'd rather have one good RGB->HDMI converter than different ones of varying quality built into every console/box. If I felt the need to play old games on an modern screen.

9. MonkeyBoyJoey

MonkeyBoyJoey 70's Robot Anime GEPPY-X (PS1) Fanatic

Most of the HDMI mods for consoles are actually tapping into their digital video signals, bypassing analog completely and providing a slightly better picture (may not be noticeable in most setups when compared with properly handled analog RGB, however). This can also produce less lag than using something like a Framemeister XRGB mini (which adds like 3 frames of lag from what I've been told). Many modern HDTVs can even accept 240p over HDMI and handle it better than analog iirc.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  10. MottZilla

Did anyone here get one yet? Curious how well it works.

11. fille

fille Rapidly Rising Member

I own 1,and i must say it works pefekt.
    Played hucard-cdrom based games from sdcard,and no problems at all.
    Only problem is what they described on their website,when time is there,the first batch must be sended back to them and we get a new pcb with the rgb problem solved,i believe its in a couple of weeks.
    Top product.

12. MottZilla

So there was an issue with the RGB output on the first batch of production? If everything else worked well then that does sound promising.