Super Prologue 21 SKC-1000C HDD Dumps (Freeplay/Locked Dumps)

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by CoolMod, Dec 4, 2017.

1. CoolMod

CoolMod Peppy Member

So I found another HDD of the SKC-1000C and discovered that the karaoke functions are locked to coin unless the HDD tells it otherwise. Of course this means there is no way to play the karaoke unless you have the coin hopper as well. However Sega did pump out some versions of the Prologue machine that were freeplay on Karaoke mode. These were of course more expensive and more coin versions most likely exist. I thought the freeplay modes were determined by the dipswitches or the built in service menu (however I couldn't find anything or get it to work), but it seems like it's a file on the HDD that Sega fiddled with before shipping it out. I don't know which file this is, but here are two versions of the HDD, one that has Karaoke functions locked to the coin and the other on freeplay, enjoy!

Locked to Coin: https://www.dropbox.com/s/991fchl0x6wefcb/KarSaturn-Locked.zip?dl=0

Freeplay: https://www.dropbox.com/s/awpmpirce01516m/KarSaturn-Unlocked.zip?dl=0

AUSTIN PEYTON likes this.
  2. HI_Ricky

HI_Ricky Gutsy Member

wow, nice man!
    i looking it long time ago
    did any way get all song ?

3. CoolMod

CoolMod Peppy Member

I'm sure there's a way to add songs, but I'm not too sure how..it would be interesting.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  4. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

Thank you so much! I've got an SKC-1000 and a 1000C that came without hard drives, I'll have to pick up some SCSI drives soon and try these images out - I can't wait to play Saturn games on them just for shits and giggles.

@AUSTIN PEYTON. Bookmark this thread for when you eventually get an SKC. :p

5. GOREFESTOR

GOREFESTOR Active Member

I think my internal 50 pin scsi in my skc-1000 is nearly to fail.
    I think I need to dump it now and after put another one or sd adater or similar in the PROLOGUE.
    How can I proceed ? I don't encouter on the web modern solution to connect this drive to the pc.
    Thank for help.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  6. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

A few people have uploaded dumps of their Prologue drives. I don't have the links, but I can re-upload the files if you need them.

7. TriMesh

TriMesh Site Supporter 2013-2017

If you have any of the original PCI slots (I.E. not PCI-express) then something like an Adaptec AHA-2940U would be a good choice - it's got a 50pin connector and although it's ultra-SCSI it will negotiate down with old devices.

Failing that, you might have to use a UW SCSI board with a 68 pin cable and a 68->50 pin adapter.

8. GOREFESTOR

GOREFESTOR Active Member

9. Droid III

Droid III Rising Member

I'll look at these dumps later. Hopefully this one works. The other one someone uploaded was broken so badly that you had to use chkdsk to retrieve any files, and it booted but failed to load any songs.

I tried an Adaptec 2940U first but it did not work, maybe because the card was faulty. I tried an Adaptec 19160 later, and that one worked fine. The 50-pin connector is a bitch though, if I push it in properly then it becomes impossible to remove without tearing it apart.

This is how the units hard drive looked like:
    [​IMG]

10. TriMesh

TriMesh Site Supporter 2013-2017

I've never tried it with the drives out of these specific units, but generally speaking those 2940s have good compatibility even with really old SCSI drives. Yeah, those connectors have a lot of contact force - that's why the original ones normally had an extra strain relief clamp that went directly to the connector housing.

11. GOREFESTOR

GOREFESTOR Active Member

Thank's for all this information.
    Today I clean the HDD electronic and test the system. It worked very well and made an movie for procedure.

Now I will be send the system to my informatic association for dump the HDD.