Super NES 62 pin connector

Discussion in 'Repair, Restoration, Conservation and Preservation' started by Blaasvis, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Blaasvis

Blaasvis Active Member

I am looking for a place to buy the ones that are soldered on the mainboard. I have found a few places where i can buy the piece to put on top. If it is the two part where i need to solder the bottom part no problem as well. Has anyone seen these being reproduced ?
    In the past i had 2 board which were really corroded and cleaning was no longer possible. The pins were too far gone. The desoldering parts is easy enough for me.
    Any other suggestions i would also be happy enough to try. Maybe even soldering headers to the top piece of the two piece ones ?

2. lasthorizon

lasthorizon Active Member

I bought one of these off eBay years ago, but didn't fit it as it wasn't very good quality. The soldered in ones are a nightmare, and it's much better having the ones that you can remove- especially to clean and so you can finely sand the edge for a faultless connecting every time.

Sorry it doesn't answer your question, but of eBay fails then I don't have a clue, and be careful who you buy from on eBay, as the product might be as rubbish as the one I bought- most likely from China

3. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Dont sand edge connectors.

4. lasthorizon

lasthorizon Active Member

Why not ?. Anything to remove build up of rust or defects on the metal gives a better connection. I've done it with wet and dry, very fine sand paper on all my consoles and thoroughly cleaned the connector afterwards and it's worked flawlessly ever since. The connector edges are as fresh on my current U.S. Super NES and SFC as they were 10 years ago when I did them.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015