Super Monkey Ball Deluxe PS2 Beta

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by speedyink, Feb 19, 2016.

1. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Here is a rip of my Super Monkey Ball Preview build for the PS2. The date on the disc is Dec 14/04.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9x8dg33mbeu38p9/Monkeyball_12-14-04.iso

So far the main differences I've noticed are lower quality title screen images, placeholder loading screens, the level select balls are a different color, and the performance is slightly less optimized. Not to mention some really trippy effects on some movie transitions. Oh yeah, message bubbles are unfinished too.

Let me know if you spot any other differences, I've far from looked through the whole thing.

Here's a quick video on what it looks like:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  2. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Awesome share, I'll check this out. Thanks for posting! I doubt we'll see anything major, but it's definitely worth looking through.

3. speedyink

No problem, I had to share something back. I'd like to get feedback from people who played this more than I did. I have to play through the game twice to figure out comparisons, heheh.

4. LeHaM

LeHaM Site Soldier

5. BadSpencer1986

BadSpencer1986 Rising Member

Thanks for sharing! :)

6. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Grabbed a copy, won't be able to check for a little but I'll check what I can.

7. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Which isn't as small of a task as it sounds, at least to me. Super Monkey Ball is quite tough, especially the later stages.

RaZiel likes this.
  8. speedyink

Not to mention the deluxe version apparently has ridiculous amounts of content. So lots to go through =P

Edit: Also I don't think it's possible to save in this build...It just seems to freeze when creating a save file on my PS2

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    RaZiel likes this.
  9. RaZiel

RaZiel Enthusiastic Member

Ouch that makes it even more tough. Maybe a playthrough via emulation for the save state help. Was bummed this never came out on the DC nonetheless loved it on my GC and I am sure I will like this as well.

10. speedyink

Definitely will make it tough! Save states may help, I'm just using a PS2 though. I also noticed the monkey racing minigame has a tendency to freeze mid race. Haven't been able to finish a race yet, but it may have been the tracks I chose, I need to test it further.

11. psydefx

psydefx Peppy Member

neat. ill test it out tonight