Super Mario Wacky World CD-i

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Sienar, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Sienar

Sienar Robust Member

2. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

You can find it on the net pretty easily :eek: I have a copy of it

Here are some pictures i took in june i think

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  3. Fabrizo

Fabrizo Resolute Member

Yea, a proto has been on the net for some time. I have it myself, but no CD-I system to try it out on. Ill have to get one some day for playing that plus Mario Hotel and the Three Zelda/Link games.

4. Mark30001

Mark30001 Guest

Thanks for those images Borman! I have a question: is the gameplay similar to that of Mario Is Missing? For example, the enemies would walk right past you and would not hurt you.

I would've bought a CDI system from one store, but I wasn't sure if it was the actual CDI system capable of playing the games.

5. Borman

Nope, dont think so. But the game is far from complete. When you jump on teh guys, im pretty sure they just disappear. You can fall right through the water to a platform underneath. Enemies just bump into you, and theres only a few songs. Most levels are really far from being done, warp pipes dont work, among many other things. It does show off some really nice things though of what would have been, especially the reflections in the water and the vibrant colors

6. d4s

d4s Robust Member

yeah, framerate is somewhat choppy, too.
    there really isnt much more to the game than the screenshots you can find everywhere.
    you can run around, but i wouldnt call it a playable game.

if someone wants to try it out, i'd be willing to sell my cdi.
    cd-rom drive is refurbished and works like a charm (something you dont see often nowadays with cdi units).
    the shipping will probably be kinda expensive, its heavy and about the size of a vcr.

7. Szczepaniak

Szczepaniak Robust Member

http://www.cdiemu.org/

Try this emulator. It needs registering, but the free demo will run the SMWW iso that's floating around. It works for me. Though I've never bothered to register.

Seeing as you helped me out in the past Fabrizo, if you have troubling getting hold of the system ROM for the emu, drop me a PM. It should make a nice addition to your collection. :thumbsup:

8. Borman

I think he may have it on his FTP already, for some reason i remember seeing it.

I would never pay for an emulator when a system can be had for the same amount or less (I know youre talking about using the free one, but still:p)