Super Mario 64 Disk Drive DUMPED!

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Jack Fischbach, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Jack Fischbach

Jack Fischbach Owns a MegaDrive

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    Keiji Dragon likes this.
  2. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Whoa whoa whoa
    Gonna need some more info on this before we move any further.

Got my answers, carry on

Attached Files:

• Ey.jpg
      Ey.jpg
      File size:
      34.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    Zant likes this.
  3. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Wasn't this dumped a while ago? I have the file on my computer actually from a couple months ago. It was when those people released the other DD games as Everdrive compatible rom files, but this one never got converted for some reason (maybe the wish of the disk owner, I dunno)

4. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Yeah, not really sure why the thread was made. People who did the conversions said they werent going to do this one.

5. TriState294

TriState294 Site supporter 2016

Because there's no point, right? I assume they checked and found exactly the same game as the cartridge version...right?

6. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Yep, plus it has other difficulties because it is such an early disk. I would imagine an emulator would run it eventually?

7. Zoinkity

Zoinkity Site Supporter 2015

64DD has been supported in MAME for a while now.
    PJ64 also supports unmodified disks now; there's preliminary support in Cen64, can't remember the state of mupen64plus.

It is not an exact retail cartridge. Looks like an earlier codebase. Read this for some details. There is no new or unused stuff outside what's already in retail though.
    It's also a really sloppy shoehorned hack to force it to run as a disk and that's messy to undo without screwing over timings. Instead of conversion it can basically be ripped out as a cartridge ROM, except the timings are completely off so it will spin on console and Cen64 when the main thread quits waiting for a DMA to conclude.

8. skate2000

skate2000 Newly Registered

Been a member on here for a while but this is my first post, haha!
    Just though I'd point out that the SM64 disk is playable in the build of PJ64 that I have: http://down.emucr.com/v3/6269838288748544

Should also point out that I had to use Jabo's Direct3d8 1.7.0.57-ver5 for the grapics plugin to make it work properly.
    Use the Mega link to download it as it seems most of the others are dead.

EETFUK, Keiji Dragon and sa1 like this.
  9. dj9mhz

dj9mhz Cool, can I hack it?

I know how to convert the dumps to work with MESS. Download the original dump not the cartridge port. scroll to the bottom of the page and download or compile ddconvert.
    Make sure you have the roms in the same directory as ddconvert. This is the command in command prompt/terminal ddconvert NUD-DKDJ-JPN.ndd NUD-DKDJ-JPN1.ndd Replace those rom names with whatever game you're trying to convert. Notice I added a 1 on the second rom. You should notice the new rom ending in 1 in your ddconvert dir. Copy and paste that new rom into your mess/roms

I'm sure you can convert to .n64 also

Hope this helps..