Suggested Everdrives

Discussion in 'Everdrive General' started by aleomark, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

I suppose that means I'd have to start pooling money haha. Think of it, the first ever commercial release flash cart whose development and manufacturing was funded ground up in its entirety by one person. :thumbsup:

Er... Not in this economy.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  2. Nodoyuna

Nodoyuna Active Member

I think the cartridges made needs to be in the same fashion as the original carts for the system in quesrion....

After all, these things are designed to run on the original hardware, so why change the shape of the original cartridge?

PD: I hope I've explained well, English is not my native language :)

3. Harp00nX

Harp00nX Active Member

Any reconsideration on a GBA ED (using gba size cart)? As a satisfied SNES, N64 and MD ED owner I would happily pay for it while it's being developed.

4. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

currently i have no any plans about gameboys

5. veganx

veganx Dauntless Member

I got some knowledge about the Neo Geo since my AES ressurected from the dead (thanks l_Oliveira) and my MVS and supergun arrived, for people like me that are noobs I'll try to explain why there's no need for an flash cartridge for it.

The AES is inferior to the MVS, all that the AES can do, the MVS can. There's a replacement bios called unibios, for both AES and MVS. If you get one for your MVS you can set it for the console mode and it will behave EXACTLY like the AES console.

There are multigame cartridges, the most complete now is the 161 in 1. Inside this cartridge there are 97 official games and 64 hacks. People at the neo geo forum already stated that this kind of cartridge can hold the entire neo geo library and all the hacks, it's only a matter of the chinese makers made enough money to release a more complete one.
    Besides, there's the 138 in 1 that has most of the 161 in 1 games + 20 different official ones. So this will give you a total of 117 games and left you missing 36 games. 3 of those 36 have their hacks inside the 161 in 1 and 5 others are not worth anything, are games like "quiz the king of fighters".
    Besides all that, a mvs with a good supergun can output s-video or component, just to remember the aes official cable is composite.

So, I don't see the point in going the AES route unless you're a collector and since we are talking about a way to play every game on real hardware I would say this doesn't matter. Go for a consolized MVS or a MVS + a supergun + unibios. Get the 161 in 1 and the 138 in 1 and you already got almost the entire library of games.

Hope, you guys don't think this information is out of place and may help other people that might be dreaming about a flash cartridge for the NeoGeo because it will never happen.

By the way, if you really anal about the AES, you can get a 161 in 1 + a Daedalous mvs to aes converter from DavidG for the bargain of $395.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  6. goombakid

goombakid Spirited Member

Sorry, just getting your highlights there, veggav.

The official cable for the AES as composite, but like a CMVS or Supergun, you can use a decoder board like the Neobitz-S (great product, BTW) to up your video output to S-video or go for the gusto with the Neobitz 2.2 to get component (not working on my HDTV, though :crying:)

The Daedalus converter is pretty much the Rolls Royce of MVS to AES Converters. It's been tested to play most if not all MVS games. The bad part is that there is a limited run on these converters, so you need to scoop them up as soon as they're available.

Option #2 would be to go with a pre-built custom CMVS such as Analouge's wood-grain CMVS or the Omega CMVS. Both are aesthetically appealing, if you're not into the exposed circuitry thing like a DIY CMVS.

7. Hexawolf

Hexawolf Member

Jaguar would be great, its cardriges are often rare and costly. Games like AvP, Iron Soldier 2 (yes, it has a cardrige version) Battlesphere Gold.
    But it's a system that not many people own.

A GB/GBC everdrive would be awesome and have a bigger fan-base. Of course you have the dingoo and stuff that are emulating handhelds, but it's not the same thing, the image is distorded etc... Too bad you don't have a plan for it since there's a lack of choice in this segment. Other great system is the NES but there's the powerpak already, plus the Everdrive64 provides emulation so...

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  8. MottZilla

MottZilla Guardian of the Forum

Well he has already said after the PC-Engine / Turbo ED, he is not going to be making any new cartridges for awhile, he's going to work on improving the software/firmware for the cartridges already out there.

9. raisinland

raisinland Newly Registered

Since the Cuttle Cart 3 just sold out (the same day I tried to order one :sorrow:), there is currently no Intellivision flash cartridge. I'd buy a INTV-Everdrive of one existed. I'm happy with the generous existing Everdive lineup but thought I'd throw it out there as I'm an Intellivision fan.

10. Greg2600

Greg2600 Fiery Member

I never understood why the Cuttle Cart maker just stops production even though there is clearly demand.

11. YAGRS

YAGRS Rising Member

I would assume it's due to the up-front costs in producing the carts. He just now sold out of the Cuttle Cart 3, and though I don't know when it first went on sale, there is an update on the CC3 page from November 2009 that states that he started including a micro SD card with the CC3, so that means these have been available for at least 2 1/2 years. It would be nice if he started to produce them again, as the Intellivision is a system I don't yet own but am interested in, and I only learned about the CC3 within the last year.

If Igor isn't interested in making an Intellivision flash cart, maybe Atarimax will. I'm planning on picking up the Colecovision cart at some point.

12. cherryw17

cherryw17 Member

Also I think he should make a GB/GBC ED and a GBA ED after hes done with the NES ED hopefuly he changed his plans on making it by now

13. staylor

staylor Rapidly Rising Member

I know the harmony cart rocks. But what about a 7800 everdrive.

14. CAPTAIN N

CAPTAIN N Rising Member

I am all for the choice of improving upon the existing Everdrives that are already out. Game Genie support especially is something I hope will get implementet.

However. I really hope that Krikzz will also begin work on a Gameboy/Color Everdrive for multiple reasons.
    1. The gameboy was just a great console that everyone is familair with and most have owned at some point.
    2. There are over 600 games for it (Not counting pirate/hacked games)
    3. Many of the games on the console are considered timeless classics and there are also a lot of very rare expensive games for it that most people won't be able to afford, like the original Shantae.
    4. I'm also pretty sure a Gameboy Everydrive would be the best selling Everdrive compared to the rest of the consoles that are left. And since so many people know and remember the gameboy, I think a lot of people that haven't bought an Everdrive before might even be interested.

Alas, I'm not a marketing person or anything. This is just how I see it :)

15. reprep

reprep Gutsy Member

agreed. if i am not wrong Krikzz worked on gb everdrive before nes everdrive and he didn't complete it because cartridge drew too much power.

hope he finds an efficient way for that.

the best flash cart on the market for gb/gbc is EMS 64 mb usb cart for 40$ . there isn't a sd based solution.

at a price point about 70-80$ i really believe it will sell well. much better than the gamegear everdrive at least.

16. CAPTAIN N

CAPTAIN N Rising Member

I've got to say, that is a really awesome price. I was almost ready to pay twice that just to have flash cart for my Gameboy that's actually worth something.

If the problem with the power consumption is expensive components then I wouldn't mind paying extra to get the right equiptment.

17. Tempest_2084

Tempest_2084 Spirited Member

Chad (the CC maker) has sort of left the hobby (or at least isn't nearly as active as he was) so I doubt he'll ever make more. He made CC2's until he ran out of parts and decided that it wasn't worth ordering more. My understanding is that they are expensive and/or impossible to get now and would require a redesign which he isn't interested in doing. The CC3 (the Intellivision one) only just recently sold out due to the Intellivision suddenly becoming very popular and people finally taking notice. It took him over 3 years to sell out of the first batch, so it's not exactly like it was selling like hotcakes.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  18. cherryw17

cherryw17 Member

I now think that krikzz should make a gba-ED more then ever now, since the ez flash iv is no longer in production, and is impossible to track down now. I'm starting to wonder what Kirkzz plans to do next.

19. sonicdude10

sonicdude10 Insane redneck retro gamer...

I'd Like to see an Everdrive of sort for some CD systems. Most notably for the Sega CD. I know it would be harder since there was the model 1 and 2 in various revisions with different drives that have different connections and such but it'd sure make my busted model 2 work again. Bought it dead. Only issue it has is the CD drive somehow being screwed up. Everything else seems to be working properly. Make it useful again with CD emulator iso image loader.

20. Harmik

Harmik Newly Registered

I'm hoping for CD systems or NEO-GEO.