Storm Riders for XBOX.

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Museman, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Codeman

Codeman GasPanic bouncer

I actually got to play the Fung Wan Online beta for a few months and I quite liked it, had quite a different feel from other MMORPG's

2. takeshi385

takeshi385 Mojarra Frita Bandit

Looks really neat.

3. Museman

Museman Spirited Member

Does anyone mind telling me how I go about doing a community dump? Do I need to get it approved or is there any rules to it?

4. Master13

Master13 Spirited Member

If your talking about a fundraiser you need to get it approved by Assembler. You can release it anytime you want and don't need to have it approved.

5. Museman

Museman Spirited Member

Yeah, I got a message back from Assembler, he said I need 50 posts before I can do a community dump. But he gave me permission once I get 50 posts.

6. Master13

Master13 Spirited Member

Good to hear we'll get a chance at a release. Have you decided on a price?

7. CodeAsm

CodeAsm ohci_write: Bad offset 30

XD You still need some more posts, but I realy like to see this one released... maybe im just a hughe Xbox fan. Did you tried it in an cxbx already or no time for it yet?

8. Museman

Museman Spirited Member

Little to no time, so never got around to doing it. Currently on Thanksgiving. I'm thinking about $150. I don't really expect any huge donations, a little from a bunch of people ($10 for 15 people). I think it's a fair price for a early prototype of a game that never got around to being produce, considering it never even saw the light of day till this thread.

But then again, it's a playable, but for not very long. There is only one fight with the ninjas or whatever they are, and it's only one map. There are a few rooms (4 to 5) where you can jump around and get on ledges and stuff and then there is the giant room with the thing in the middle.

But I think this is more like a "Sonic Xtreme" release. You know, how you can just run around and collect coins for a few minutes, say that you've played it and have it. It's like that, minus the part that it doesn't haven't anything to do with a popular multi-million dollar game franchise.

9. CodeAsm

;-) Sunday I give my birthday party for some friends... maybe some Xbox fans... and some give money. 1 asked what game I want XD

10. Museman

Museman Spirited Member

If you guys can cover the full price, I'll just give you guys the game :thumbsup:

11. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

Any1 know what happened to the fundraiser? (or am I just blind!?)

12. Museman

Museman Spirited Member

I put up the fundraiser, then it got deleted by a mod for not being approved, despite clearly saying in the thread that it was approved by Assembler. I'm not sure if it was a mistake, or I was mistaken for it not being approved. I was literally about to drop the price to $100 before it got axed

I've sent some PMs but no response yet. I'm a bit confused by what's going on. I'm a new user, so I understand why the mod may think I didn't get it approved because I may have not have read the rules.

But if this is the process of a community dump, I may not be releasing it.

13. Prometheus

Prometheus Site supporter 2016

I'm sure it was just a small miscommunication, so I see no reason to punish everyone by not releasing it. Speaking of which, has everything regarding the fundraiser been sorted out?

14. Museman

Museman Spirited Member

Yep, everything got worked out. Still not sure what exactly happen, but ASSEMbler got it back up. Fundraiser below.

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36353

15. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P

When the fundraiser was posted I had no way to tell whether or not it was approved as those go through ASSEMbler himself and he doesn't always share the information ina timely fashion. As such I had to treat it in violation of the rules.

Anyone can claim ASSEMbler granted consent irrespective of whether he had done so or not, get a quick few bucks then get banned or vanish. As far as I'm concerned it was the right thiong to do with the information I had to hand.

Rather than hard delete the thread and ban the user though I soft deleted it so that it could possibly be restored should things work out, which they did so it was.

I've also dropped $10 bucks into the pot myself ;)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
    Syclopse likes this.
  16. CodeAsm

Nice Video, do we btw need a reupload or are we al fine ?

17. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

I wonder where my video went, Ill have to look hah

18. Rundevil

Rundevil Spirited Member

Reminds me of Mortal Kombat Konquest mode, but on an ice skating rink; really cool.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  19. skyrunner14

skyrunner14 Rising Member

I don't see any screenshots... is that just something wrong on my end, or can anyone else not see anything?

Though the video works. The choppy movement cracks me up for some reason, and I also find it funny how the player character is just a guy in regular clothes while the enemies are more appropriate to the setting. Placeholder character, perhaps?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  20. Meer

Meer Spirited Member

They probably got removed after a certain time length. They were posted in october of last year, if it was a photobucket account it's possible that the images got deleted after 90 days of inactivity.