Star Fox: RedZone (Virtual Boy)

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Kallus, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Kallus

Kallus Seriously Serious Member

[​IMG]
    I asked about Star Fox VB a while back on some VB forums. A guy sent me a message containing a picture of this box art. Years later and I decided to email him.

[​IMG]
    After reading this, I was pretty excited. I'm not sure if it's actually "real" yet, but when we see what he has I'm sure we will find out.

Getta Robo likes this.
  2. mettleramiel

mettleramiel Robust Member

That box art looks super fake. I'm calling bullshit on this one

3. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Yeah I smell it too. I'd love to be proven wrong but really, I wouldn't believe it till I see it.

4. darkspire17

darkspire17 None

the obvious give away is the STAR FOX 64 ArWing model and the SNES-Era STAR FOX logo.
    but considering he claims it was "shown to investors" the box could be a simple mockup made to intise executives and developers.

5. theps1master

theps1master Robust Member

You can still ask the geezer for the files maybe it is real you never know
    Thanks

6. Kallus

[​IMG]

he sent me this

7. speedyink

It is a cool mockup. I still doubt there was an actual build of the game built (unless that dude surprises me with that "gameplay video"). It just seems weird to not show this to the public back then, since why would they need to impress investors with a working build when they needed to boost sales of the actual system first. Why wouldn't they show off a potential Star Fox game to help get more interest? I mean, I could see them showing stuff like mockups, with zero actual work done, for maybe a release a year or two later, but I can't imagine any work would have been done on it.

Like I said before, I'd love to be proven wrong, as this would be cool as shit. Even though the 'gameplay' pics look neat, that boxart just looks like such a hack job..

8. Kallus

he said he knows a guy who potentially has the proto. I asked him if he could get more pictures or the prototype itself. fingers crossed.

Getta Robo and theps1master like this.
  9. mettleramiel

mettleramiel Robust Member

I don't know, man. Pretty sure that those screenshots are just copy and pasted pieces from snes starfox.

10. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

11. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

I was wondering if anyone was going to mention the low quality images in the year 2017 but looks like its just me?

12. Kallus

yeah guys I'm pretty sure it's fake

13. speedyink

We know. It's all good.

14. Sp33dFr34k

Sp33dFr34k Spirited Member

I wonder what the dude's angle is on this one, seems pretty lame to get people excited over nothing.

15. _XBOX_

_XBOX_ Rapidly Rising Member

To much free time i suppose :oops:

16. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

Terribly sorry to be all captain obvious but, Kallus is "Issac". Kallus is the hoaxer, if you somehow managed to evade this. There was no "Issac", lol.

17. Kallus

I'm not Issac, he did email me stuff but when I asked him more questions a few days ago he stopped replying. he still hasn't replied yet.

18. MobCat

MobCat Test and sort ALL THE THINGS! ^__^/

Yeah this should of raised red flags right away the most obverses reasons is the box art that most people have already covered but people missed the ESRB logo. The virtual boy did come out in '95 and ESRB was formed in '94 and the other US games seam to have ratings but yeah its possible but the 'rating pending' would mean that there was a working at lease beta of this game sent to ESRB for rating so I would of expected a ROM dump as some point by now and this picture would actual be promotional material as opposed to box art because you would put the real rating on the box.
    But I think the real killer would be the super FX chip that star fox, at lest for the SNES is required for the game to even work. Now on paper a super FX chip in a game boy is at lest possible but it would be a large cart..

I had a bunch of othere reasons for this not beeing a thing but reading into the specs at lest on paper it would actually be possible but i think it would be a lot like Red Alarm. So yeah in the end of that long and pointless post, it's a cool idea and latest on paper it's possible and kinda a shame it's a fake but if it was real we would at lest seen a video if not a ROM dump by now

19. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Esrb doesn't get builds, they get video from the developer and a questionnaire.

Keiji Dragon and MobCat like this.
  20. KGRAMR

KGRAMR Gaming aficionado raised by family & friends.

All we want is this to surface damn it XD