Spyro 5 (Cancelled Check Six Title)

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by dancapman, Aug 20, 2015.

1. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

That's a shame, but I guess I understand. It's questionable whether or not it would be profitable to them. It'd be nice if another publisher could purchase it, but I don't see that happening anytime soon given Skylanders. Ahh, we always have your title and the 3 prior to enjoy.

2. xaeroxcore

xaeroxcore Rapidly Rising Member

So it looked like this, but without bloom and shine?

Still impressive! Too bad the tech demo no longer exist. Spyro, at least in tech demo form, would have been an awesome adition to DC...

3. dancapman

dancapman Member

Probably not. Those tools would still be property of somebody. Too much red tape.

It was pretty impressive! ;)

4. austint30

austint30 Member

It would been so awesome if you guys were given a lot more time to work on ETD. Universal should of skipped that Christmas and delayed it a year. Just imagine what the game could have looked like in final form!

5. Operationgamer17

Operationgamer17 Member

Two people that I shared this with on a Spyro forum said that this looked suspicious. Here's what they said:
    "Upon looking at it further, I think I'm gonna need some more proof about whether this is real. Some of the info is a bit suspicious. He says they didn't use existing Spyro graphics, but in the game you can see the exact same textures for some stuff."

"The plots on the ideas of the potential Spyro games seem way too much like Spyro fanfics.

I find this hard to believe until proven otherwise."

6. austint30

austint30 Member

I'm skeptical too because of the fact that he isn't in any credits. I never found anyone named "Dan Capman" in the credits or even anywhere on LinkedIn. I looked in the Universal employees from around 2001 and I even looked for his name on some websites for Activision. No luck.

7. Detota

Detota Newly Registered

I don't believe you, give me proof.

8. Operationgamer17

Operationgamer17 Member

Someone on Facebook said that Dan Capman is known troll who trolls about Check Six Spyro stuff and that he did it before. Can anyone find evidence of this?

Sky-Artisan and CrystalFissure like this.
  9. MBMM

Well, that's disappointing. Looks like I might be trusting a bit too soon. I'll see what I can find. I'm still unsure what people get out of doing stuff like that. Like, I don't really consider this "trolling," but I could have too strict of a definition.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  10. CrystalFissure

CrystalFissure Newly Registered

To me, what I find funny is the quote about how Copeland "plays the levels before making a track". It's almost a direct quote from Copeland himself from the making of the first game. It's almost too specific, where this guy is just picking bits of already known knowledge and running with it.

Sky-Artisan likes this.
  11. Decapicitated

Decapicitated Site Supporter 2011-13 Lara Croft

Well if he's trolling this is absolutely ridiculous. What's even more suspicious is the fact I also tried to find details regarding the name with no luck (as others have suggested). Why on earth would someone post their own industry name on here, put themselves at risk yet, to further complain they can't reveal too much or they're already risking themselves is beyond me. Really now?

A mod needs to close this until proof is provided somehow, this is simply misleading and will eventually severely disappoint people which isn't needed on a happy, honest community such as this.

If this is trolling, I can't believe there's someone sick enough to do this.

12. DecoderRing

DecoderRing Member

Hi, Spyro community fan member here and have to say I'm really disappointed this fan drama/trolling had to make its way to this forum.

To clarify, much of the information here is very suspect and sounds much like a story made by a fan who has way too much time on their hands. I and others have gone into specifics in the fan communities, although some good points have already been raised here before being shot down by barely plausible stories (e.g. DreamCast was indeed failing as someone correctly pointed out, so this guy suggested it was for Japan, which was also incredibly suspect as the Spyro series itself was a failure in Japan and the third game wasn't even sold there; he then goes on to backtrack and say it was a fun project without considering the ghastly costs of dev equipment, SDKs, research time and dev time. Many more contradictions add to this.)

Looking deeper into his attitudes and typing patterns, I found a very strong connection to one particular troll who hangs around the Spyro, Croc, Resident Evil and other communities, trolling, sometimes harassing, and occasionally creating false rumours of cancelled games; getting banned and coming back under different names. The cycle continues, and sadly the guy knows about this place as well and this isn't his first time here. This may ring a few bells for some of you.

Agree with you Decapitated on how it's unbelievable there are people who get a kick out of this--and for upwards of four years, no less.

Out of curiousity, where did you find this info? I'm very much suspect of all this, as this partcular troll enjoys taking the side of justice once he's been found out, proudly 'exposing the liar' under different names. To clarify, I personally have never heard of such a troll under that name and am pretty sure Dancapman is just one of the disposable names made specifically for this topic.

With all said, there's really nothing more to see here folks. Unless he comes out with actual proof--which after this point would be nothing short of a miracle as far as I can tell!

(P.S This is LXShadow--I used this name here 'cause when I registered I didn't want people uncovering my young age at the time as I purchased delicate and time-sensitive betas. Didn't want anyone to think I'd scam them, or set fire to the discs and throw them like frisbees while riding my skateboard or something like that. =P)

BetaMan64, MBMM and Sky-Artisan like this.
  13. MBMM

I do indeed remember that. Good thread to bring up.

Thanks for all the information. While I'm mildly disappointed, I can't say I'm too heartbroken or angry. Just surprised that people get some sense of satisfaction and contentment from wasting their own time like this. Maybe they should just write fan factions haha. Good idea to move along then.

14. Operationgamer17

Operationgamer17 Member

Aura24 on the darkSpyro forums may have figured it out. She said, and I quote, "Looks like ccrogers strikes again. For those who don't know, ccrogers is known for spreading false game rumors and information on Spyro and other games to troll others. He was also once a user here on the forums until he was banned."

15. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

The sad thing is it doesn't surprise me that some people are messed to the point that they think this sort of shit is fun. I mean, Ha, good one. You got us. Yeah. That'll teach us for believing someone. Sure showed us. In the mean time, I'm gonna go do something actually fun.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  16. austint30

austint30 Member

I was skeptical from the beginning of this thread. Just saying you are a former "Insert Company Name" employee doesn't mean you are. There needs to be proof. I just kept asking questions because I wanted to see where this thread would go.

17. MBMM

Ah, I trusted someone at their word. Things turned out differently and that's about it. Although it's a bit annoying, you can't get put out over things like this. Thank goodness there's more to life haha.

18. dannygranger

dannygranger Spirited Member

Man, to think that there's some really sad guy out there spending his days writing up elaborate hoax stories about old Spyro games...

It's staggering to think these people actually exist. Excite a bunch of die hard fans and then what? What kind of pay-off do you get for spreading false info for such a niche interest? Weirdo.

19. Decapicitated

Decapicitated Site Supporter 2011-13 Lara Croft

If it is CCRogers then he has stuck a few times in the TR community as well.

Making fake accounts on here, PM'ing me claiming he has things he simply doesn't then disappears. An example of one of these false threads based around Tomb Raider is in the link below. He told me the employee's name though PM and guess what? Nobody of that name was known to work at the studio at the time and the industry itself, similar to this thread.

This might ring other bells for some people

I recall having a rather heated discussion after he decided to post false information on a TombRaiderForums.com but nobody believed me since they wasn't aware of what he does occasionally. I suppose there's nothing that can be done here. My last post here actually since this just isn't going anywhere further.

@LXShadow Big fan of your work btw, keep it up! :D

MBMM likes this.
  20. cammers1995

cammers1995 Active Member

Keep me out of this crap!
    *I* am ccrogers15, a more mature one, at that. I used to troll around all the time but stopped years ago after apologizing to the Spyro Community and known member Aura24. I learned my lesson. This is someone else, not me. Keep my name out of your mouth. I haven't used that title since... I was 15. lol
    That was YEARS ago. I'm 21 now. You don't see "ccrogers21" anywhere, do you?

Edit:
    The ccrogers15 quoted in the above post by Decapicitated is not me. That was someone named Centerman7 who has had it out for me since I trolled his petty nabble site and got it shut down for piracy years ago. This is my first, and ONLY account on the site. Any other, is someone else. Look up centerman7 and you will know what I am talking about.

Id also like to mention I have NO time for any of this. After graduating High School I started college and am studying to be a Paralegal. This is what I do in my freetime then I see this shit. lol...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015