Speed Devil version 028c 20.01.99 GD-R beta dreamcast

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by Laurent, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Laurent

Laurent Spirited Member

2. Dracarys

Dracarys Rapidly Rising Member

Thanks for sharing!
    It would be great to have a centralized thread with all the links.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  3. Laurent

Laurent Spirited Member

For the others yes

I just make no centralised thread for the more interested games.

4. Xzx123

Xzx123 Robust Member

Thanks for sharing all these, Laurent.

5. wombat

wombat SEGA!

Once again, thanks @Laurent for sharing these. Looking forward to tinker with this build as well :)

I'm glad he's sharing at all. Surely there are nicer ways to make a suggestion in regards to distribution.

6. Dracarys

Dracarys Rapidly Rising Member

Maybe that sounded a bit harsh, I'm sorry.
    All I wanted to say is that it would be nice to have a thread with all the links, it would be easier to see what's available instead of going to the profile to search recent posts.
    Of course I'm glad these are shared.

7. Laurent

Laurent Spirited Member

The others GD-R I have is like review or preview games.

I make 1 or 2 thread to share the new file. I m always dumping my games

I can t dump some GD-R, error of dumping. I don’t know why .

The most interested games are available now.

RichardX likes this.
  8. Collingall

Collingall Robust Member

Thank you for releasing these.

9. RichardX

RichardX Peppy Member

Stop complaining and enjoy what you get for free and playable.

10. Knuckles500

Knuckles500 Spirited Member

If you're using dcsdrip, try using the GD Ripper in DreamShell (I believe you can load this as an app from your sd card):
    http://www.dc-swat.ru/page/dreamshell/

You can apparently skip sector errors with it which will allow you to dump it completely even with all the errors.

The only thing though, is that if you go this route I recommend making multiple dumps of the same prototype so that you can see where the errors might differ in each dump, and then release each one so we can find the one that has the least amount of errors. Normally people use httpdack to dump these instead, but DreamShell should work as well.

Also I'd recommend uploading the prototypes somewhere else besides Dropbox as that has insane bandwidth limits if a lot of people download from your shared folder too much. I suggest Mediafire or MEGA instead. You can also feel free to upload anything you got to Hidden Palace too, since I've been adding pages for all your prototypes so far for backup purposes. :)

11. MeTaL-VeLCRo

MeTaL-VeLCRo Member

Thanks for these, really not many are so kind to share such treasures. Seems dropbox already disabled your account though. Their TOS are insane nowadays.

12. Laurent

Laurent Spirited Member

@Knuckles500 I use GD Ripper in DreamShell.

Problem is the errors just before the End of somes games, for example dead or alive, hydro thunder, gundam ...... I have try more times and the errors is always in the place. I need to try whit other dreamcast i think.

I have see yesterdays Dropbox is not good. I put all of my games actualy whit Mega

MeTaL-VeLCRo likes this.
  13. MeTaL-VeLCRo

MeTaL-VeLCRo Member

Http'd-ack yeild the best results for the few I have ripped but requires the system 2 disc (and BBA of course) unless you have a retail copy of the game and the tracks are the same you can do the swap trick using it. Regardless this is one of the nicest shares I have ever seen in any field of game preservation from one single person. Hidden-Palace of course has done a lot as well and they have archived all your dumps so a user can get them from there. Just wanted to say thanks again. Now to figure out how to selfbooted these as I have no means of playing GDI. DC2CD I found here has worked for most of them and looking into Family Guys tools as well to give these a shot.

14. Laurent

Laurent Spirited Member

I don't have a BBA :).

I have a disc system 2 and a dev kit ( i need to make a image of DD . I think the DD is brocken )

Its few years i m collecting some Beta dreamcast games. 90 % of this beta games are first hand. I don't like to buy GD-R from a collector :) . Sometimes for example, i take some builds here in december :)

I decide to share all of my games whit the communauty the last week. I think is important to have some trace of this build. Maybe tomorrow i need to sell the totality of my collection, maybe i need to move in a new country, we don't know how tomorrow can be.

15. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

Thank you for sharing so many awesome games!

RichardX likes this.