South Park for original XBOX

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by qixmaster, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

You havent been here long. When you start putting thousands of dollars into prototypes, money that could be spent elsewhere, you'll understand why people don't dump everything for free. Some people can afford to lose that much, most can't. These things have value, and there is no denying that, and guess what, museums pay for things too at times. Very few of us with any sort of collection, if any, do it to make money, but rather to close the loss. Personally, I have a rough idea of what I've invested in each piece, so if I can get 3/4 or even 1/2 of that, the money that is earned goes back into the prototype fund to buy more. Having purchasing power and being trustworthy goes a long way, so while there are titles anyone could obtain, there are certainly things that are only offered to certain people.

And if Im being honest, Im not even all that high on the list. Other people have invested and do far more than I, and I'd like to think I keep myself busy.

On top of that, you are advocating for sharing while talking about museums in the same breath. If these things go to a museum, there is just as high of a chance of them never being seen again. What is shown at a museum typically pales in comparison to what is never shown.

LiamR and CodeAsm like this.
  2. Territax

Territax Member

I said museum just for making a comparison. If we all can see a painting in a museum, then we all should have a file of a game that is considered "history".
    Doesn't matter that I'm new. I have a good proto/promo/NFR collection, just didn't know about this site before. Nothing too interesting, but if I'll ever get a piece of history in my hands, be sure I'll share it with everybody, even to you who don't agree with me, even if I had spent $10k for it. You will get the file, I will keep the hardware that could be sold if I want. It's that simple!

3. Borman

Like I said, there are people who can afford to lose money. Sadly when the goal is to keep the prototype preservation going on a controlled budget, free stops making sense. Looking forward to seeing what you release then ;)

CodeAsm likes this.
  4. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

I'd love to hear what you have. Maybe you should make a thread in the Rare and Obscure Gaming or Member Collection thread.

lwizardl and CodeAsm like this.
  5. CodeAsm

CodeAsm ohci_write: Bad offset 30

There are tons of paintings in the depots we will never see any time soon, and thats so sad. also art is lost because of wars.
    But we can try collecting, and buying prototypes, and sharing stuff. Im here mainly donating my coins to see some of the great game art. thats my ticket for the AG museum. and if someone doesn't like to share it... me sad face, but have to move on.

6. Territax

Territax Member

Not sharing any "piece of history" for whatever reason is wrong, end of story,

7. Borman

Again, put your money where your mouth is, and start releasing stuff :) That is the quickest way to gain respect around here, rather than just complaining when things don't get leaked immediately.

LiamR, drahcir and CodeAsm like this.
  8. Bobo Mcloud

Bobo Mcloud Robust Member

So what have you shared out of your prototype collection do far?

It's people like you that make prototype owners not want to release anything, I wouldn't want to release anything when self entitled people like you would be able to play it.
    Just remember that abusing people isn't the best way to get a Rom released.

9. Territax

Territax Member

I don't have anything to release.

Now I've understood what kind of people are you. I'm disgusted.

10. Bobo Mcloud

Bobo Mcloud Robust Member

I've got things to release and I will do it in due time once I'm set up properly.
    So you don't have any protos? How about you go on eBay and buy a whole bunch, Mr Mark is selling a bunch right now on eBay, even unreleased ones. Buy all those up and release them for me because I deserve the right to play them and if you don't buy them they will go into collectors hands and never be seen again and how could you do that to the community?

11. MBMM

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    CodeAsm likes this.
  12. LiamR

LiamR Newly Registered

It's been almost a year now since this was first posted. Are there still plans to release footage of it? I would love to see that if it's still happening.

Borman and CodeAsm like this.
  13. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

I don't think we will see anything about it anytime soon, sadly.

14. herrlehmann

herrlehmann Newly Registered

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  15. letsplaykeldeo

letsplaykeldeo Rising Member

He wasnt online since last year ... :/ I think we never going to see anything from this Prototype again ...

16. Gamedeals

Gamedeals Member

Sorry for the delay... it's coming. Researching now, possibly filming this afternoon.

MBMM and Syclopse like this.
  17. Borman

And of course, Im still available if you decide to sell ;)

18. MBMM

No need for apologies. We can be a patient bunch. Nice to see you back! Thanks for taking the time. I'm excited to see whatever you'll post.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  19. Gamedeals

Gamedeals Member

Email me. We filmed this afternoon, so unless John tells me he needs more footage I'm ready to let it go. info@gamedeals.ca

CodeAsm, LiamR and Borman like this.
  20. TheNew

TheNew Finally leaving it behind

public release ^^