soul calibur: unbreakable soul

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by gamemaster, May 23, 2016.

1. gamemaster

gamemaster Rapidly Rising Member

I am looking for a new programmer. The original guy doesn't have time in his life to continue reverse engineering the game. Anyone here know a good ios programmer? I am willing to pay for their services.
    Thanks

2. rso

rso Gone. See y'all elsewhere, maybe.

Good programmer doesn't necessarily mean good reverse engineer. What needs to be done, anyways? Like, remove some security checks on the app, reimplement all the server side components, ...?
    Maybe you could upload the relevant binaries here, for people to have a shot at (Linus' Law, yaknow).

3. gamemaster

As far as I know, the game checks in with a server waiting for a json response. We need someone who can either disable this or fake this somehow. I believe the game runs mostly client side with some server check ins etc. I mostly just want to get the single player part up and running. I have no problem uploading what I have. Where would I do that on here? I think maybe keeping the upload links private would be best for now.

4. gamemaster

pm me if you want the download links

5. gamemaster

New positive update. Programmer has decided he still wants to continue to help. I guess he is having problems with the app binary, and is frustrated. So he is going to be helping yet. He knows alot about ios games and has written private servers for online ios games before, but none without still working servers. So if anyone can help, please respond. I will find out more info as to were we are interms of reverse engineering the game.

6. NexTheReal

NexTheReal Just call me Nex

I have nothing to contribute to this but Im happy to see that you found the game and youre on your way to get it working!

7. gamemaster

Ok, got one new member of the team. Anyone else? Really looking for a json expert.

8. ItsMeMario

ItsMeMario Gutsy Member

Ahhhh the remnants of the past... :)

soulblade.png

9. Gamemaster14XIV

Gamemaster14XIV The Master of All Games

What Exactly was this game?

10. gamemaster

The game was a card collecting game, kind of. You saw a fight on screen, and you controlled your fighter by linking together cards. I guess it wasn't very good. We are working on reverse engineering the server. It will hopefully be playable again someday.

ItsMeMario and NexTheReal like this.
  11. ItsMeMario

ItsMeMario Gutsy Member

Ohhh I thought its like, SoulBlade on PSX...I totally missed the part with the cards. :D

12. gamemaster

[​IMG] Progress

NexTheReal likes this.
  13. gamemaster

Project is likely dead. There are two password protected zip files in the data. Those passwords came from the server. They are only 3mb total, but they are needed for the game to run. And with Namco now coming out with another mobile fighting game, Tekken mobile, I have decided to stop supporting these free to play games that companies take away from you when they shutdown the server. I supported Tekken Arena and Tekken Card Tournament, but it is time to stop.

NexTheReal likes this.
  14. contrafan

contrafan Peppy Member

I know how that feels

NexTheReal likes this.