Sony PS3 3D COLLECTION (BCAS 20136)

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by kyo86sg, Mar 21, 2015.

1. kyo86sg

kyo86sg Intrepid Member

Hi everyone,

I recently traded-in some of my old PS3 games for some pre-owned PS3 titles and this title happen to caught my eye.
    I have tried to find some information online and the results turns out nothing! Thus I have decided to start a thread on this maybe "rare or uncommon" title.

I understand that while the game "PAIN" and "Wipeout HD" are once available on a physical copy in the Europe R2 region, Super Strike HD was all along a PSN exclusive until this 3D collection comes around. It seems like this is the only physical release for Super Strike HD as it now stands.

Extra info: When I inserted the disc into my PS3 system, it displayed the 4 game titles available on the disc and the only option was to "Install" or "Information". and even if I have click install and the installation was finished, I was still required to have the disc inserted into the ps3 to launch the game, otherwise it will prompt me to insert the disc "3D collection".

Pictures of this rare and uncommon game below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am still investigating the origin of this game title, and pondering was it bundled with the launch of the playstation 3D TV (Guess number 1). or was it not for sale and to used for the promotion of the Playstation 3D TV. From what I understand, it was never sold in the video game stores in Singapore. I might also be keen on finding out the value of such disc, but I will start another thread for it in the proper section in the forum.

Cheers mates~

AUSTIN PEYTON likes this.
  2. proarturs

proarturs The force is with me

Never seen this anywhere. My guess is that it's an Asian exclusive only available as a pack in.

3. Johnny

Johnny Gran Turismo Freak and Site Supporter 2013,2015

I know it was available in USA and Brazil as "3D World - This is the Next Level". It came bundled with some particular models of Sony 3D TVs (2010 models like LX905, HX905, HX805, NX715,...). Here's what it looks like:

[​IMG]

Although to this day, i had no idea there was an Asia / Japan version. MotorStorm II (instead of MotorStorm Pacific Rift) and Super Strike HD (instead of Super Stardust HD)

Anyway, i wouldn't call it rare, but it's indeed uncommon. Most people who got this bundled on their TVs actually never used the disc. I missed a couple of opportunities to get one of those, but i plan on getting myself a copy as soon as possible, since it's the only way of getting Super Strike HD / Super Stardust HD on a physical copy.

PS: Both MotorStorm and Pain are Demos with 3D enabled.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  4. kyo86sg

kyo86sg Intrepid Member

Wow, this is interesting, do you happen to know the side code number for the " 3D World - This is the Next Level" ? Also will like to informed you that mine "3D collection" appears to have the full version of the "PAIN" and the only Demo was motorstorm.

5. Johnny

Unfortunately none of the pics i found shows the serial code. When i managed to get myself a copy, i'll update this.

By the way, just discovered there's an European / Australian release, bundled with PS3 itself, with a different art and name as well: 3D Gaming Pack

[​IMG]

On the US / Brazil release, Pain is discribed as "portion of the full game". I consider that as a demo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/4685271551/

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  6. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

I never once saw it actually.

7. l1nuz

l1nuz Member

Nice find! But for me it sounds like the australian release just comes with a download voucher:
    http://www.sony.com.au/product/kdl40hx8003dgamepk
    (see Features)

I have also found a so called "3D Gaming Pack" that apparently sold for 30 AUS$
    http://postimg.org/image/j3g45k2d9/

If someone can find an offer for this please let me know :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  8. Johnny

Finally managed to get a sealed copy of the USA/Brazil version "3D World - This is the Next Level" for a decent price. Will post it here, when it arrives.

9. proarturs

proarturs The force is with me

There are a lot of uncommon/rare game compilations for the PS3. For example, Far Cry Wild Expedition or the Assassins Creed compilations ( especially the anthology )
    [h=1][/h]

10. Johnny

It's true. Curiously some of these compilations have different names on different regions. Also, some digitally distributed games got physical releases just in certain regions.

Then there's the retail differences. Killzone Trilogy for instance, was released in USA / Brazil in one case with two discs. A limited european / asian released had a special package, with each game on it's separate case.

USA / Brazil - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcvAWFx6a2k
    Europe / Asia - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc_XUseNuwI

I do plan on getting that individual Killzone HD release someday.

11. xelement5x

xelement5x Rising Member

So this one comes with all 4 games? I'd love to get a physical copy of Wipeout HD that works in 3D. I should check the media stores near me and see if they have anything like that.

12. Johnny

Well it's 2 full games, Wipeout HD (probably without the Fury Expansion) and Super Stardust HD. Pain is more like an extedend demo and MotorStorm 3D Rift is more of a tech demo of the 3D gimmick.

If you want a physical copy of Wipeout HD, i suggest you to look for the WipeoutHD Fury release. It had a limited physical release in Europe and Asia, but i'm not 100% sure it got the 3D Patch. I remember when the patch was released, i tried to update my european copy but it didn't found any newer patches than what was already installed.

Edited: Yeah, it seems the physical release never got the 3D patch: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?6793-WipEout-HD-on-Blu-ray/page32
    So if you want to play in 3D, you have to buy the digital version. Be aware the saves are different as well.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  13. xelement5x

xelement5x Rising Member

Ahh, I see. So the Asian 3D Collection the OP posted would probably be the best bet to get a physical 3D copy of the game.

Might look into the Wipeout HD Fury for the EU though as well, looks like it's not too unreasonably priced.

14. Johnny

Actually all these 3D Collections are probably the same, just different names in different regions. I'm not sure if the 3D compatible Wipeout HD of this version supports the Fury expansion though.

In the end, it seems the situation is this:

- Wipeout HD + Fury expansion in 3D? Get the digital download on the PSN Store.
    - Wipeout HD in 3D, but without the Fury Expansion? Get one of those 3D Collection / 3D World - This is the next level / 3D Gaming Pack discs.
    - Wipeout HD + Fury expansion with no 3D Support? The limited european / asian WipeoutHD Fury physical release.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  15. xelement5x

xelement5x Rising Member

Okay, that makes sense, thanks for explaining. :)

16. FlyingHellfish

FlyingHellfish Member

In your opinion, did it install from the disk, or did the disc call the server and download form a remote source?

In times ahead, game collecting is going to become an (even more) interesting scene, in my opinion, given that games are released these days REQUIRING downloads/day1 patches.. If you have a copy of game on disc, it would be much more valuable than a "call code" for a remote download (the build of which could be changed at the publisher's whim)

17. MrOrbital

MrOrbital Member

The disc version of Wipeout HD Fury did get the latest patch (v 2.51) so it does support 3D. It just took a very long time until the patch was released. No idea why.

It is very interesting with this HD version on the 3D Collection disc. It should be compatible with the download version otherwise it cant be upgraded with the Fury version.

18. Johnny

Thanks for the info, will try to update this weekend. I really think the games on these discs are just the downloadable versions, but there's no guarantee really.

Anyway, managed to get the 3D World - This is the next level disc. The weird thing is that there's no serial code on the spine, back of the case or even on the disc. Another weird thing, the name on the front and on the spine are completely different.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  19. Mechagouki

Mechagouki Site Supporter 2013,2014,2015

Does the disc offer the option to add 3D effect to XMB? Hence the "3d logo" on the spine?

20. Johnny

No. The "3D logo" is just a reference of the "3D World - Created by Sony" on the front of the case.