Sony PS2 VGA cable inside

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by zoom, Feb 7, 2018.

1. zoom

zoom Member

This has a fully populated AV connector, and I didn't see pics online, so now we have some.

Notes: the AV connector case is held by four small clips at the corners, and it seems like you ought to be able to poke those to release the halves, but I didn't manage it. The clips are soft plastic so the case separates easily by sliding a blade in. The S-video pins are conveniently on top in the middle, and are even tinned. That's the two audio grounds on the right for orientation, so 1, 3, 5, 7 from that side.
    IMG_6872.JPG IMG_6873.JPG IMG_6874.JPG IMG_6876.JPG

Hardak and MonkeyBoyJoey like this.
  2. csdesign

csdesign Member

Nice pics.

3. zoom

zoom Member

FWIW, I did use this one for S-video.

First, I tried it with all the grounds together because getting at the S-vid ground leg in the AV connector wasn't going to easy. No suprise this didn't work. The PSX had improved picture over Composite, but the PS2 showed no difference at all.

Second try, doing it correctly got the correct result.

The trick was lasso the S-vid ground leg with some hookup wire so, hopefully, I wouldn't dislodge the existing connection while prodding with my oversize iron.

This S-vid cable is a good quality unit from an ATI All-In-Wonder. The first cable I had pulled from my drawer turned out to have no connection between the ground shields on the ends. Nice.
    IMG_6878.JPG IMG_6887.JPG IMG_6892.JPG
    "It's ugly, but it gets you there."