Sonic Xtreme Stuff

Discussion in 'Sonic Xtreme Release Project' started by HXC, Jan 1, 2006.

1. HXC

HXC Guest

Sonic Xtreme Stuff - UPDATED 02/01

Hey guys, some of you will know I've been in contact with Chris Senn, and Mike Wallis, Senn has decided to share a load of stuff to us all, so I present you with the first things he has released.

NEW THINGS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Boxart
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Iso Concept
    [​IMG]
    This was created BEFORE 3D Blast/Flickies was EVER created.

Tiara
    Tiara Gallery - Updated 14/01 with files sxc_tiara5b.jpg and sxc_tiara6b.jpg

Demo Videos
    Demo Videos

Music
    Music Section

Red Sands Boss Concept
    http://xtreme.projectsonic.com/boss/sxc_boss_guardiansphinx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2006
  2. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Quite , um, suggestive pics there, I must say quite shapely for a sprite. If in all the others she has clothing, does itmean the first pic is in the nude?

hahaha

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2006
  3. Unorthodox

Unorthodox Barc0de's Pimp

Awesome stuff :)

Hmm..appears there is a lot more stuff these guys have

Last edited: Jan 1, 2006
  4. Rlan

Rlan Guest

She's not REALLY nude in the first image. It's basically the Tiara head attached to a Sally Acorn styled body [from the SatAM Cartoon and Archie Comics].

That clip certainly looks pretty cool, but a little TOO fluid. Is it just a completely CG video of what gameplay MIGHT be like? It sure doesn't look much like where Sonic X-Treme was going, and all of Tiaras movements joing together too perfectly to be a realtime demo.

I'm trying to figure out which design they went with. None of those seem to be the right colour scheme. Looks likt the very bottom left one, but with a yellow bow in her hair?

The middle ones [with the more racey dress], look VERY similar to the proto-Sally design seen in an old STC advertisement. The one with blone hair.

5. HXC

HXC Guest

Oh I know senn has lots more :), he is giving us everything, Mike is a suprise for now.

6. Unorthodox

Unorthodox Barc0de's Pimp

I'm guessing its the "Created demonstration animations/videos to sell concept" that they refered to.

7. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Thank you very much for this thread HXC !! I can't wait to see what other goodies these guys are going to share with us !.

Yakumo

8. HXC

HXC Guest

I'll update if I get anything tommorrow, but tue and wed I am away :)

9. sonik

sonik Site Supporter 2013

Cool stuff!
    I like this clip. I think it's a concept video (CG) to show the playability of the character.
    Thanks for sharing.

10. PhreQuencYViii

PhreQuencYViii Champion of the Forum

Are you a part of Sonic Cult HXC? They just put this stuff up on there site lately. I hope more stuff gets out.

11. HXC

HXC Guest

Yep, I am part of Sonic CulT :)

12. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Is that Gif video of Sonic in 3D running on the Saturn or 32X? Looks very wobbly so it could be either really :p

Yakumo

13. HXC

HXC Guest

Neither, its actully running on an Amiga 400, as all it is is a video, created by Chis to show to the higher ups ;)

14. Cheese007

Cheese007 Peppy Member

saw this on sonic cult glad to see some stuff after the sonic xtreme aucton disaster (shudders)

15. WolverineDK

WolverineDK music lover

Cool video, and so. But there is no such thing as an Amiga 400. But there is an Amiga 4000

http://www.lemonamiga.com/help/models/

Just to clarify something, since my post isn´t a bullshit post. But just a little correction :)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  16. madhatter256

madhatter256 Illustrious Member

According to the article done by RedEye, that they showed a demo running off of the actual 32x hardware that basically got the approval from the higher-ups. Is that gif clip it or something else?

It definitely looks 32x-ish because its all flatshated polys, but according to the article the demo they showed to execs had some texturemapping.

And just how did Sonic Cult get in touch with Senn? He hasn't returned my email (sent to both his business and personal) back when that auction of SX started.

Speaking of the auction; it wasn't a disaster, really. It fell into good hands in the end.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  17. LocalH

LocalH Guest

The auction was only a "disaster" in context of the Sonic scene, because of one person - other than that, the whole thing went fairly well (especially since the group bid was within $150 of winning despite the ratman cockup). The reason the Sonic scene considers it a "disaster" is only in reference to the eventual leaking of the ISO, had the group bid prevailed. I've heard from several people that the disc is in good hands, so in that context the auction wasn't a disaster at all, but was a monstrous success.

18. Mark30001

Mark30001 Guest

Heh, I'd rather find a beta build of Sonic Adventure than Sonic X-treme... not for collectors sake... but that's just me... ;-)

Nice stuff you got over there! Great to see you actually came in contact with someone who worked for Sonic in the US. I wasn't so lucky with Sonic Team though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2006
  19. Rlan

Rlan Guest

It's not Sonic-Cult's doing, it's all Chris Senn himself. After getting so many e-mails from people, he decided to look through his garage, and found a huge amount of stuff he's kept for the game. He then decided to release everything he's got, so that the community can enjoy it! He's also working on a "SXC document (Sonic Xtreme Compendium)", which he'll release once it's in a more complete state. Mike decided to join the party a little later :p

Rlan
    http://sost.emulationzone.org - Secrets of Sonic Team

20. PhreQuencYViii

PhreQuencYViii Champion of the Forum

Last edited: Jan 3, 2006