Some new footage from Atomiswave's game Chicago 1929 (and maybe another one...)

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Kohkaenn, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Kohkaenn

Kohkaenn Newly Registered

Hi all !

I thought I already had a account on this forum, as I'm going here to see news sometimes since some years, but I can't find it.
    Well, so, basically, a french TV I'm watching called "Nolife" decided to create a new program where they show some old archives they have. The program may be a little bit strange at first, this is some old footage with just a little bit of editing. But after watching it, it's like watching some old E3 footage on Youtube, but with way better quality, and chapters to find what you want to see. I really liked it.
    Well, anyway, this first episode is based on Japan Amusement Expo 2004, which is a arcade expo taking place in Japan (and the new edition is this week end !). The interesting thing is that they said that they found some footage from this Chicago 1929 game, which is, after a little bit of searching, a unreleased Atomiswave game.
    You can watch this here @ 9:24.

But there is also another game that I didn't succeed to find on Internet :
    So, they said they also found a unnamed game on the "Amusement Business Communications" stand (@ 24:11 on the same link). The strange thing is that the ABC company no longer exists, apparently. And the game seems to be a online concept, as there is also a computer next to the arcade cabinet, playing the same game, at the same level. I tried to find things about this game, nothing for now. So I thought you guys may have some info about this. I also send a mail to Unseen64, as I'm also going on their website sometimes.

Well, that's it. Thanks ! ;-)

2. dark

dark Dauntless Member

Cool! Kinda looks like if Spirit of Speed had a baby with crazy taxi or demolition racer. Would have been a cool dreamcast title.

3. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

That game has Dreamcast written all over it!

4. quackshot

quackshot Active Member

Look really cool, I would play the hell out of this game!

5. dark

dark Dauntless Member

Here's some good video footage from someone who it appears owns the prototype!

Gilgamesh, xaeroxcore and DeChief like this.
  6. xaeroxcore

xaeroxcore Rapidly Rising Member

Is there any way to somebody to try to port Atomiswve games to DC? As i have learned, DC and Atomiswave sports the same architecture.

7. MetalliC

MetalliC Spirited Member

don't think there is easy way for doing this, AW games often stream game data from cartridge, music/sounds almost constantly, and cartridge access is MUCH faster than reading from CD/GD. so significant game modification/rewrite (after a lot of reverse engineering) will be required.

8. dark

dark Dauntless Member

^Makes me wonder about the read speed of the new plug-in GDrom emulator interfaces and whether emulation of the atomiswave's cartridge interface could be done that way.

xaeroxcore likes this.
  9. Kohkaenn

Kohkaenn Newly Registered

Yup, I also saw this video during the researches, it seems that the video from Nolife shows some different paths of the game.
    Personally, the games reminds me a little bit of Runabout, a crazy car game with a lot of destruction.

About ABC, I think I succeed to find their (old ?) blog : http://abcinformation.blog37.fc2.com/
    So I don't really know if this means that the company is always in activity. Apparently there is no more posts since 2011, but I can't read Japanese so I'm not sure.