Some CEX PS2 HDD dumps...

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by krHACKen, Dec 24, 2018.

1. radorn

radorn Rising Member

So, in the end, there no way there's anything in my disk that is of interest to this thread? Or there may still be something?
    Another question: I know next to nothing about PS2 other than very general notions. You've talked several times about the disk being "genuine" or not. What's the point of that? After all, a disk is a disk, right? Or did SONY put some data or a particular format on them that users did not officially have the tools to generate themselves? Or maybe only SONY branded disks are accepted for official uses like playing online and whatnot?
    I'm really curious.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  2. AKuHAK

AKuHAK Spirited Member

Check this post please.

3. radorn

radorn Rising Member

Custom firmware, I see. Thanks for the information and sorry for the inconvenience.
    I'll chime in in the unlikely case that I find something of interest after further digging.

EDIT: I did manage to softmod my PS2 and, no surprise, the disk just contained a bunch of retail games.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  4. AKuHAK

AKuHAK Spirited Member

@krHACKen
    Could you please share with BB Navigator 0.10 for Official HDD?
    BTW is it even possible to launch some arcacde dumps on retail PS2? Or all of them needs special hardware ttached?

5. vitas155

vitas155 Rapidly Rising Member

almost all links have died, can you restore?

6. l_oliveira

l_oliveira Officer at Arms

Konami Python2 games require a dedicated USB I/O board from Konami and a 1wire eeprom dongle (with data specific for the game written in it) connected to the said Konami board to function.

Even the hacked version (HDD DNAS is not stripped, it is bypassed by forging console and HDD IDs into the loader file) still require the USB I/O, will boot without the dongle but the patches are designed to make it function on free play only without a dongle.

AKuHAK and krHACKen like this.
  7. krHACKen

krHACKen #CNNisISIS

Files are saved and mirrored. They'll possibly surface over at www.obscuregamers.com later, but first I have to retreive a new HDD dump, inspect it and recover stuff that can be cracked out of it... ETA unknown.

AKuHAK likes this.
  8. vitas155

vitas155 Rapidly Rising Member

when I try to click on any of the links in the 1st post, it says to me that this account was blocked, and I can’t download anything

9. krHACKen

krHACKen #CNNisISIS

Yes, I know. My servers are down since april. The hosting service pulled the plug. I still have the files uploaded to an 1fichier.com folder. Before I repost the dumps to www.obscuregamers.com, I have to wait for a donor HDD dump... The HDD content is currently not known.

10. krHACKen

krHACKen #CNNisISIS

They're on OG now.