Some CEX PS2 HDD dumps...

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by krHACKen, Dec 24, 2018.

1. radorn

radorn Rising Member

So, in the end, there no way there's anything in my disk that is of interest to this thread? Or there may still be something?
    Another question: I know next to nothing about PS2 other than very general notions. You've talked several times about the disk being "genuine" or not. What's the point of that? After all, a disk is a disk, right? Or did SONY put some data or a particular format on them that users did not officially have the tools to generate themselves? Or maybe only SONY branded disks are accepted for official uses like playing online and whatnot?
    I'm really curious.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  2. AKuHAK

AKuHAK Spirited Member

Check this post please.

3. radorn

radorn Rising Member

Custom firmware, I see. Thanks for the information and sorry for the inconvenience.
    I'll chime in in the unlikely case that I find something of interest after further digging.

EDIT: I did manage to softmod my PS2 and, no surprise, the disk just contained a bunch of retail games.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  4. AKuHAK

AKuHAK Spirited Member

@krHACKen
    Could you please share with BB Navigator 0.10 for Official HDD?
    BTW is it even possible to launch some arcacde dumps on retail PS2? Or all of them needs special hardware ttached?