[SOLVED] Panasonic Q F76 error

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by Pad17, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Pad17

Pad17 Rapidly Rising Member

Hi ! 'sorry to post a new topic about the Panasonic Q, but I have a new problem that happened yesterday: the console will not start anymore (the LCD is no longer lit, I have the following messages: "Hello" then "F76" then nothing....).
    I read that the F76 errors on the Qs were a fan problem, which seems to me wrong ...

On Panasonic devices, error F76 is a power problem, I wanted to know if anyone on this forum had this error on his Panasonic Q and what was the way to solve it (change capacitors on the PSU ?).

Thank you !

2. Conte Zero

Conte Zero Rapidly Rising Member

According to the service manual of the Panasonic DVD RV31 (it uses the same dvd board) error F7* is a microprocessor problem. Power supply problems are H06 errors. The Q can use different error codes but if the problem is only the power supply you can check with a multimeter if the voltages are correct.

3. Pad17

I stay on my first idea because I just take a multimeter out of the PSU, which must deliver several voltages: 2.5V, 5V and 12V. I have 2.5 and 5V so it's good, but the 12V does not come. I will try a repair this afternoon and I will communicate here my result.
    But thank you for your answer, and I hope you're not right because if it's a microprocessor problem, it would be impossible to solve for me ...:/

Conte Zero likes this.
  4. Pad17

Solved ! Indeed, F76 error for Panasonic devices (and therefore for the Panasonic Q) corresponds to a lack of power. On the PSU, there was a small fuse before the 12V output that was out of order. I replaced it, and the console went back on!

Armorant, Conte Zero and Denryu like this.