So...who's keeping theirs sealed?

Discussion in 'Geist Force' started by daytonausa, Sep 12, 2012.

1. wombat

wombat SEGA!

Some classic NES bootleg / unlicensed cartridges are worth quite allot, so it's not unreasonable to think the pressed 'Geist Force' discs are going to get more valuable in the future. Every Dreamcast collector will agree that it's awesome to have a previously unreleased Dreamcast game in a retail / official looking packaging with a pressed cd inside. And since there are only about 200 discs made, it's going to get harder and harder to obtain one of these. So I'm 100% confident both the opened and sealed Geist Force copy's will get more valuable, regardless of the torrent being out or not.

2. pool7

pool7 Site Supporter 2014

IMHO, as it was mentioned before, the "sealing" (does that word exist?) can be easily faked, so I doubt a sealed one will be more expensive than an opened one (unless the opened one is scratched or something).
    I do agree that people who didn't get a chance to buy one of these will gladly pay the cost, even if higher than what it currently is.

3. dutchconsolefreak

dutchconsolefreak Peppy Member

I love sealed stuff, but opened my copy because of the warped state the box was in. I feel a lot better the disc and artwork are now encased in a proper box with transparent inlay, like it was ment to be. Maybe the unthinkable will happen and i wil actually connect my dreamcast and boot this game, or i will do something weird like resealing it :p

4. graciano1337

graciano1337 Milk Bar

Keeping mine sealed. I don't own a Dreamcast.

5. jay_red

jay_red Newly Registered

I just got a copy from a trade with a member on another gaming site I frequent, I had gotten "in line" here for a copy a long time ago, but since things slowed down a bit I had forgotten about it. I just got my sealed copy this morning, and debated on keeping it sealed and waiting on a torrent like many have said here. Like others though, I am not a sealed collector and couldn't stand to keep it sealed.

I opened it and it made me feel so much better, you get to appreciate the quality of the disc, see the work that went into making these possible, and most importantly, play it. I immediately swapped everything into the best condition dreamcast game case I had on my shelf and it looks great.

6. atreyu187

atreyu187 Intrepid Member

Got two sealed one that has pressing errors and luckily it is the one I opened. The game plays but has such a hard time reading certain spots.