So what did we think of Mega Man 11?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by GodofHardcore, Nov 1, 2018.

1. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

I wish my first playthough with it was in my right mind (See: Depression thread) But eh whatever.
    I wish the game was longer and had more meat to it. It has a fresh coat of paint on it but easily could've gone the 8-bit route again. Not that I wanted it to. I really like Mega Man 5 and Mega Man 11 has alot of that Mega Man 5 flavor to it. The Levels and bosses aren't hard. But Wily's fortress? 1 song, 2 full levels, Felt half assed.

I liked the music, I liked the boss fights, it's a pretty game. I wish there was more to it.

I hope for Mega Man 12 they go beyond 8 Robot masters, maybe do 10-12 robot masters next time, have multiple paths again, add a few gimmicks like Mega Man 8 had. Just not the Jump jump slide slide.

I'm not asking for that Zero Boss fight...but we're getting to where we're going to at least want some kind of Acknowledgement that the X series will become a thing besides a passing mention in a throw away arcade game that probably isn't Canon.

2. MottZilla

MottZilla Champion of the Forum

I thought Mega Man 11 was solid and the Double Gear system was a refreshing change. The presentation was nice and I don't have anything really to complain about it. I don't think I played through Mega Man 10 but I did play through Mega Man 9 which I think I did enjoy. But this one seemed easier to get into playing.

If Mega Man 11 sells well enough I'm sure they'll do another one and who knows what they might do with it. I think the reception has been positive and you would think the development cost of the game is probably quite a bit lower than other modern games that doing another will happen. At least I'm hoping that happens.

About Zero, what do you mean acknowledgement? What was a passing mention in the arcade games? I don't recall what you suggest wouldn't be official. Dr Light made X and Dr Wily made Zero from what I remember from the games. I don't think we'd actually see either of them active in a Mega Man title unless they somehow are shut down and have their memories wiped or something like that.

3. GodofHardcore

Bass' ending in power fighters mentioned Zero.

I hardly used Power gear but Speed gear was a Godsend.

4. MottZilla

I used the Power Gear some but yes the Speed Gear was clearly the more important one.

I know Power Fighters mentioned Zero. And Mega Man X4 has Zero dreaming about Dr. Wily. I can't recall other examples but I'm sure they are out there. So is that what you mean that you wonder if they abandoned the link between Zero and Dr. Wily or something else?

5. GodofHardcore

There are 2 items you can get post game and that's when Power gear is it's most useful.

I think there are some links in X3 and X5 and quite a few in the ZX series.

I have the X collection, I find the X series to be infuriating after X1. X4 is the only other one I can get anywhere in.

6. MottZilla

Really? I personally think X1 through X4 are all excellent. I didn't care much for X5 and onward. X5 and X6 aren't terrible but X7 and X8 are pretty meh. Though I certainly did play X7. I think I may have even finished the whole game. Not that it was a great game, more so that I really like Mega Man X so I pushed through it. Pretty sure I did not play all the way through X8.

7. GodofHardcore

X7 is only good if you use an Action Replay to unlock X right away.

X2 I struggle with, X3 I've barely played. X4 I can make it to Final form Sigma with X, Zero...not yet.

8. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

I haven’t played 11 yet. Not a huge mega man fan, I’ve played a few of them but I don’t remember which ones lol. I’ll probably get it when it’s on sale or something. This probably sounds horrible to a hardcore mega man fan

9. GodofHardcore

There are a few people here that don't like Mega man. So it's all good.

10. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

It’s fun, just not my favorite

11. XxHennersXx

XxHennersXx I post here on the toilet sometimes.

I love megaman and it was a good return to form. I'm not a fan of the platforming in this one, the pseudo 3D backgrounds made it hard to space jumps. but besides that, it was enjoyable. Struggling with yellow devil though.