SO One X or One S?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by GodofHardcore, Nov 16, 2018.

1. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

That's kind of tempting given how much I love the original Xbox.

How is Forza Horizon 4? I'm probably going to grab 2 and 3 since they're so cheap now.

2. dakidski

dakidski Retro Gaming Denmark

I suggest getting an Xbox One X. Besides Cuphead, which I purchased first, I mainly use it for backwards compatibility. Personally I think it is the coolest feature ever, and I feverishly check for new BC-updates. They are so well-done that I consider them HD-remasters of sorts. I haven't turned on my PS4 Pro since I got the Xbox One X. So far I finished some okayish Silent Hill-game, I would have never done that on the original 360. And I constantly replay Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas on it. I'm also only on 1080p display, but it still looks great, and supersamples down fine.

Edit. The Xbox One X UI is horrible though. A major mess. Terrible to use. Worse than Windows Millennium and Windows 8 combined. Capturing video, which was dead-easy on PS4, which just uploaded the file directly to your Youtube account, is impossible for me to grasp on the Xbox One X. I frankly gave up trying to even capture.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  3. GodofHardcore

I'm far from Done on PS4, still getting Judge Eyes and the Yakuza remasters.

Fingers crossed the PC Port of Yakuza 0 makes it To Xbox, I'll double dip...

4. GodofHardcore

OK I ordered my XBOX one X
    and the following games with estarland credit

Sunset Overdrive
    Killer Instinct Definitive
    Battlefield 1
    Rare Replay
    Doom
    Forza Horizon 7

I'll also be picking up Hellblade, Ori and Recore with gift cards and what nots.

5. GodofHardcore

XBOX One Interface:

PS4 and Switch are so very very simple. XBOX One is a giant cluster fuck of an interface and installing games is a bit of a pain.

BUT HOT DAMN are the graphics a step up from my PS4.

6. Drain You

Drain You Rapidly Rising Member

I can't decide if I should get a One X or a cheap OG model actually. Can't decide if I want to shell out the cash for a One X if next gen is two ish years away. I had an Xbox One and Ps4 up until last year (kept all my games) but now only have Switch. I want those X graphics so bad though.

Yea the UI is a mess IMO too. I've never liked it esp since they stripped the OS of my favorite feature. Xbox snap party chat.

7. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Get the Scoprio and prepare for the future when it's actually usable.
    PCs can do more. Sometimes I enable eyefinity and virtual super resolution and play at 11520x2160p, but some drivers dont like my splitter on one display so i get 5760x1080p. Unfortunately a bad looking game will still look bad at this resolution so your mileage will vary greatly
    Good to hear the Xbox One X delivers good visuals
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018 at 11:27 AM