So many games but I haven’t played most

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by LeHaM, Dec 25, 2018.

1. LeHaM

LeHaM Site Soldier

I have close to 1000 physical games in my collection, however I’ve only played maybe 5%

Working full time and having split weekends make it even harder, it makes me sad that I haven’t played them..

My wife and I have been talking about maybe we should play through all of them and maybe stream, before we move overseas in a few years.

I kinda hate myself for not taking the time to play them all

Anyone else in a similar situation?

End ramble

2. MottZilla

MottZilla Champion of the Forum

I think most people don't have the time to play all the games they own or want to play. I'm sure I haven't played through every game I own. I think it would be hard to find someone that doesn't own some games they haven't played through. Maybe if you had an extremely small collection of games as that is one part of the problem.

In the time before the internet lets call it, I didn't know anyone that had games in their collection they hadn't played and generally you would try to get the most you could out of the games you had. But once you had your own money to spend on more games, or access to backup units, modchips, emulation, fast internet, etc you could suddenly have a massive amount of games to play. No one has time to play them all.

You could go through your collection and see if there are games you don't ever really plan to play and sell them off. Or if there are games you might want to play through and then sell them off when you're done with them. 1000 games sounds like a lot to me, though I know there are people with much more than that out there which is crazy. I don't really know how many I have. I think I made a list to find out years ago but I forget where that went.