So is there a list of confirmed Saturn prototype games?

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by GaijinPunch, May 26, 2004.

1. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Re: Fight For Life Extreme

I only wish I had more unfinished games.

Yakumo

2. Yakumo

That Wing Arms "Inside System Overview " is ready for anyone who'd like it. Just login using the ASSEMbler FTP login.

IP - segagagadomain.serveftp.com

LOGIN - Assembler

PASS - Yakumo

Yakumo

3. HI_Ricky

HI_Ricky Guest

i also have saturn unfinish or debug game, but all in japan house ,coz take back to HK is nothink to do :)

4. Yakumo

So you don't have access to this Saturn unfinished game?

Yakumo

5. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Yakumo, it won't let me log in, get a 530 error message (I think it is rejecting the password).

Hi_Ricky, let me know if you decide to sell it :)

6. Yakumo

no, you can't log in because I've switched off the login while Retro Core is being distributed. Once Retro Core is out there I'll open up all other FTP logins. Can'T have them all going because my PC will have a heart attack :p

Yakumo

7. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

Your PC Sucks!

What's Retro Core.... sorry... lot of shite going on lately.

8. geelw

geelw Guest

total bedlam!

hey all-

i was at a get together of gamers last weekend and ended up trading a sealed svc chaos: snk vs. capcom for a saturn version of bedlam, but as it's a beta, i have no way of actually playing it at the present time. i'll run a scan of the disc here on monday when i un-bury the darn scanner from the pile of stuff it's under...

g.

9. Yakumo

Nice news geelw. Looking forward to seeing it.

Yakumo

10. AntiPasta

AntiPasta Guest

Re: total bedlam!

:prayer: :prayer: Wow, damn nice find! How the hell did the guy get his hands on a beta? And if it doesnt work on stock Saturns, why didn't he throw it away?

11. geelw

geelw Guest

12. geelw

geelw Guest

Re: total bedlam!

he used to work at gt interactive, and ended up with it when he left (lucky for me- i felt my eyes leave my head and bounce off my shoes when i saw the disc in his pile of trade stuff). good thing he DIDN'T throw it away, lol.

there's supposedly a ps one version of bedlam floating around that i'd LOVE to see as well.

g.

13. Yakumo

To play CDRs on a Saturn is very easy. First tape down the Saturn's door switch so that the saturn thinks that the CD lid is always closed. Now switch on the saturn with the CD that you want to play in the machine (Keep the lip open). The CD will now spin fast. You'll then here the lazer move and the CD will slow down. Quickly take out that disc and replace it with an original saturn game (Same country code as the Saturn you're using). The 2nd disc will now start to spin. Once it startes to spin really fast take it out and put the disc that you originally had in the saturn back in. That disc will now load as normal.

Sometimes depending on how the CDR was programmed it may slow down spinning then speed up again then slow down. THe second time it slows down is the time to change the disc. If you need a video made on how to do it then I'll gladly make one.

Yakumo

14. geelw

geelw Guest

ok, let's go!

:prayer: many thanks! :smt023 i'll dig out the saturn and fire this up. back later (probably tomorrow, as i'm not getting any work done today, lol) with a report on just what's on the disc...

g.

15. GaijinPunch

Or, you could send it to me and I could rip a video of it or something. Hehe...

16. geelw

geelw Guest

(smacks self in forehead)...

:smt045 true, true... i totally forgot you're sorta back on u.s. soil, lol...

actually, the disc won't load for some reason (i popped it in a pc to see if it wasn't blank, and it's packed with files, and there are 7 music tracks i can play as well on the saturn). it sorta loads, but the system stutters away for a while before giving up. i don't think i'm doing anything wrong, but it's sorta nice having a disc-swappable saturn now, lol (a little screwdriver and some electrical tape...whod'a thunk it, :smt042 )

g.

17. Yakumo

It's possible that you are doing the disc swap wrong. Maybe a video of how do disc swap would be a good idea. Or it could be that the disc is not coded for US Saturns. In that case you need to change the country code to US for it to boot. THat's really easy to do. You'll need software called Saturn Converter (Win).exe Comes with another file Uharc.exe Make an ISO or BIN of the saturn CD on to your Hard Drive. THen just run the software mentioned above to change the boot up code. Once that's done copy everythingback to a CDR and give it a try. Should work with no problems.

Yakumo

18. GaijinPunch

Yeah, halfway home. :) Message me if you have any issues. I've got a Saturn in a box (out in about 4 days... can't wait) that can play JPN backups, but not US backups. It plays my one backup, which is a proto. :)

Wait guys.... that's a cdr... it should have NO country coding on it, should it?

19. Yakumo

Yes, CDRs do have country coding. I fist found out about this a few years back when downloading a Flash demo disc for Saturn. The demo was coded to work with US Saturn's even though the original was a PAL disc. So of course it wouldn't play in my Saturn even with a disc swap. You just get the message saying "This disc is not suitable for your system" So you need to change the ISO or BIN (Depending on the format) using the Saturn Country converter. So far it has a 90% success rate for me. I copied all my PAL games then changed their country code to Japanese NTSC and every one works like a dream apart from Sega Touring Cars because that was optimized for PAL. It still plays but the image is stretched.

Yakumo

20. dj898

dj898 Site Supporter 2015

then if you put 50/60 Hz switch and with PAL TV it will works fine then?
    I know what's the point in PAL land...

cheers

p.s. wish Australia is listed as Asian country so we can get those Asian release rather than dodgy PAL release he he