So is there a list of confirmed Saturn prototype games?

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by GaijinPunch, May 26, 2004.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

Not much I can add to the topic.

I guess it would help if we know what's out there. I can't imagine there not being one for Monica no Shiro, just b/c it was so close to being released and got canned. I also know there's a copy of Atomic Runner Chelnov that crashes mid-game.

Any other confirmed (with pics/video?) protos?

2. dj898

dj898 Site Supporter 2015

I remember seeing disc with ...chocolate or something and the other disc that I can't remember its title. Both were CD-R copy with name silk printed on their face with no case or anything...

maybe other can chip in with more definite list...

cheers

3. AntiPasta

AntiPasta Guest

back on the old board, Yakumo once put a leaked Saturn beta on his FTP, but back then I was on ISDN so I couldnt download it :smt022

4. GaijinPunch

Did it have a name by any chance?

5. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Can't remember what that game was now. From what I remember you had to jump about a 3D landscape in the style of Jumping Flash on the PSX. I've still got the CDR somewhere. I'll have to did it out.

Yakumo

6. Calpis

Calpis Champion of the Forum

It was a totally shitty game, you're all talking about the penguin game right? I can't remember the name either but I have it somewhere too. The person who actually leaked it posted it on SegaXtreme 4 years ago.

7. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Yeah, that's the one I think. If I remember rightly it was by Enix.

I'll have a search for it tomorrow and add it to my FTP.

Yakumo

8. Calpis

Calpis Champion of the Forum

Also I don't think it was a unreleased game, it came out as either the same or a similar name.

9. GaijinPunch

Well, I take it it's not Sonic eXtreme. :)
    Haha... well, would be interesting to see it. Drop me a line when you post it Yakumo. I'd like to check it out.

Did it have a title screen at least?

10. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Did I miss something? I don't see a list here.....

Well yeah, I know of protos other people have no clue about, but I'm not saying ;)

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Saturn Protos

Don't forget Capcom's Major Damage.

12. Alright, so really, what the hell is the point of posting something like that? It's not remotely helpful, and I'm not sure about anyone else, but I don't really think it's funny either. I could understand if there was something you weren't supposed to talk about, but really, if that's the case, then why even bother?

There are so many unreleased games out there, and while many of them are far from complete or even total crap, I know myself and others take a big interest in finding out about them, if not somehow getting a chance to actually play them, and that sort of attitude is very unhelpful and irritating, to say the least.

13. GaijinPunch

You beat me to the punch.

No offense retro, but it's comments like that cause most people to call bullshit (whether it's true or not). Think about it -- kinda primary schoolish, no?

"My friend has this game that was released. I won't tell you the title, or show you any proof though."

I think all of us heard some variation of that (probably about a stupid trick in the game) at about age 10 or so.

14. retro

You'll know about it when I have proof, if you don't call the say-so of the chief designer of the game proof... but I'm working on it.

I've seen so many unfounded rumours spread on the internet, even on here.. I'm not for starting another.

15. retro

p.s. if I'm being unhelpful and childish by telling you I know of a game noone else knows of, but am waiting until I have PROOF before I spread rumours, then I will withdraw my offer to get the assembler IRC channel moved to my friend's private network, where we can have longer nicknames and there's actually a nickserv so our names are protected (I'm already retro).

But hey.... neither of you are in chat much now, so I guess that won't bother you.

16. GaijinPunch

The way you started, it made it sound like you know of a multitude of prototypes that some underground elite club had. But again, the way it came out sounded a bit retrogressive for the thread.

17. 1). It was never phrased as "I might have a lead on something, waiting for confirmation" or anything of the sort, but rather, and I quote
    which was I think fairly unambiguous in it's tone - "I know something but I'm not telling, neener neener neener!"

2). The whole thing about withdrawing an IRC offer (first I've heard of it) doesn't really do a whole lot to dispel the whole 'unhelpful and childish' bit. As you said, GP and I don't seem to spend much time in IRC, so it's not really us you'd be bothering. I mean, if you feel the need to do that to prove a point or whatever, be my guest, but I kinda thought we were all big boys here.

There's nothing wrong with talking about a potential lead you can't mention yet, but the initial post - and I think most will agree with me - was not really worded in a fashion that implied anything like that, which is my whole problem with the issue.

18. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

Well the way i see it your doing the favour for people who actually use the thing.... so why punish them for something someone else has done? Dont you think this is all abit childish?

19. AntiPasta

AntiPasta Guest

well there is Return Fire for Saturn that was finished but never released... someone on SegaXtreme has a disc I think. There was talk of releasing it but it never happened.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will never happen... I have pointed that out to him several times.

He seems to think that because they have given him a copy, they will let him legally release it.... they won't. He also forgets that he won't be able to press a Saturn disc now.