Smoke Edition Xbox Build

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by GoTeamScotch, Jul 24, 2018.

1. GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch Spirited Member

Just wanted to share with you all a project I've been putting together over the past few weeks. Here is a special edition Smoke Xbox. These were only available in Japan. This particular one was sold as "used", but it came in the original box with all of the manuals and cords sealed in their packaging. I haven't opened anything that arrived to me sealed. It also came with the matching controller and a stamped metal keychain with the console's number on it (out of 50k). The whole lot feels like it's totally brand new. When I got it, it had ~2 gamesaves on it from 2016 and that's it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mod list:

This Xbox can be seen in this video where I review and install the 70mm silent fan listed above.

Note: the above video focuses on sound and doesn't reference temps. Stock fans do obviously move more total air but I haven't finished testing.

Also fyi, I'm selling the HD component cables. Auction ends 7/30. http://r.ebay.com/ugbAR1

Anthony817, AntDRAG and N64 freak like this.
  2. karcsi89

karcsi89 Rising Member

very nice. Does it still smell new? looks like it =P

3. N64 freak

N64 freak Robust Member

The blue leds on the skeleton black console look great!
    Miss my skeleton black limited edition console. Think i should have kept it :(

GoTeamScotch and Traace like this.
  4. Jei

Jei Rising Member

IIRC these aren't v1.6 so I'd recommend removing the clock cap asap before it leaks. Would be such a shame if it did :(

Forlorn Penguin likes this.
  5. GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch Spirited Member

No but it tastes like new. ;) lol
    One thing I noticed right away was the feel of the case. It's very subtle, but all the edges are a little sharper, the surfaces are a little more smooth. Everything's just so pristine.

All set. @N64 freak took care of that for me. He supplied the upgraded motherboard.

karcsi89 likes this.
  6. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

Wow that is absolutely stunning. I'll bet the person you bought it from had either had it new in box for a while and just recently opened and played it past few years, or he just bought it not long before that and opened it up brand new. I'll bet he had to see it due to monetary issues or something. But what you have had done to it here, it beautiful for sure. Just about the ultimate Xbox mod.