Help Request Site status as of 2018

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by ASSEMbler, Mar 14, 2018.

1. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

This is a terrible idea

2. geluda

geluda <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) I wasn't around at the time to witness what appears to be the demise of this community, and it's a shame. But ultimately, real life > anything, so I can understand especially from knowing what other web owners have went through in the past, that moving on and getting on with your life is a choice some people just have to make.

Unfortunately it has a knock on effect, communication break downs, staff, members, traffic, disruption and eventually the site it's self. Many websites now are closed and kept alive purely as a historical archive because of these exact same reasons.

Reading the OP I get the feeling that the past few years have been really tough, I can sense it in the tone of the writing, so I'm sympathetic to the situation and also don't feel entire blame for the choices the other staff members had to make, as having your head battered and your real life turned up side down is more important than what is essentially just a website. But communication is key as there are other real lives here too and keeping other people in the loop is still important.

It's unfortunate, this site has a big history and has done some amazing things. But in the end everyone's irl has to come first, that's admins, moderators and even members, hence my absence for 4 years. Just do what's right for you, sort your self out and then concentrate on the site. I've only skimmed the thread so I'm not 100% up to date, but hopefully you can find some trustworthy people to help maintain things, find new ways of providing content and slowly restore this community back to its former glory.

3. Diablodin

Diablodin Robust Member

Yeah. But when feel things getting to heavy you should focus on finding new people to step in. Perhaps with a promise to be able to return if things light up a bit.
    There's got to be a way to have some admins on here to open this place up a bit more, get the blood pumping again.

4. SegaManAU

SegaManAU Remember SegaManAU? He's back, in POG form!

Such a shame to see this site the way it is. I came back after finally getting my new room set up and the place is dead. :(

FromAllAspects and Mack like this.
  5. vexatious

vexatious Rising Member

This site is definitely more active vs SegaXtreme.net and seems more fun. Unfortunately I've aged quite a bit since when I first registered on SegaXtreme.net (used to be called something else). Also registered at club.myce.com when I first copied Sega Saturn security start from marketed Saturn titles; thread is still there and posted info almost a dozen years ago on SegaXtreme.net. Used to use DC++ client to join some Sega hubs with loads of illegal content sharing when 1tb of data was a big deal (about 2002-2004).

It's been pretty awful since then in physical world. Not sure how I got here but could've died a few times. Hopefully things don't get worse...

Thank you whoever you are, in charge of AssemblerGames.com.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019