Help Request Site status as of 2018

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by ASSEMbler, Mar 14, 2018.

1. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

You're mistaking a forum for a wiki ;)

2. kHn

kHn Rising Member

Want an email confirmation code to begin with, pls, admin overlord dood.
    [​IMG]

Logi26 likes this.
  3. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Lol, true enough, but a forum is kind of wiki with a community aspect, isn't it? Kind of? Haha, either way Facebook is a disorganized mess and a shoddy replacement for a forum, was sort of my point.

Yakumo likes this.
  4. GoodTofuFriday

GoodTofuFriday Site Supporter 2015,2016,2017

You genuinely expect a site with no staff and a leader with a low approval rating to bring in content? Nearly every user that brings relevant content no longer wants to here. Site is basically a help desk at this point.

5. N!NJA

N!NJA ßanned

How can you expect people to post when you're being arrogant and stubborn and not listening to users/former staff.

Seeing as you requested bullet points here. worded simply as it seems you're incapable or reading a proper post.

• Listen to users.
    • Listen to staff.
    • Accept help.
    • Stop ignoring users/staff.
    • Get help for your issues.
    • Stop blaming former staff.
    • Accept this started due to your faults, not others.
    • If unable to do above, sell the site.
    Thanks.

port187 and HEX1GON like this.
  6. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

What are you, fucking stupid? Or blind? How about both? Get over yourself, asshole, and start running this forum properly.

7. rso

rso °

Dudes, try to calm your tits. All these harsh ad hominem attacks are not likely to help. Constructive criticism is the key word, and if that doesn't work, well, then maybe it really is time to move on to greener pastures, or even Fecesbook.

Single Points Of Failure suck.

DS2 and Bad_Ad84 like this.
  8. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

He completely ignored all of our "constructive criticism". See my previous post.

DeChief and GoodTofuFriday like this.
  9. Dracarys

Dracarys Rapidly Rising Member

While I don't agree with how things have been run so far, you guys are not helping.
    The criticism is justified but even when Kev finally drops by and shows he wants to make changes he instantly gets insulted.
    I understand why he'd want to stay away. At least give him the benefit of the doubt.

10. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Edit: I’ll withhold what I originally said. Kevin can read it if he wants.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  11. GoodTofuFriday

GoodTofuFriday Site Supporter 2015,2016,2017

I disagree.

Including this post, there are some 5 or 6 post in direct refference to kev. In this one he ask for constructive talk.
    However in each situation he completely ignores the points and accusations brought against him, with proof no less.

And then he continues to bring all blame upon the mods, attempting to absolve himself of any responsibility for the current state of the staffless site.

Its clear that despite all his words and initial apologies he holds no desire to hold any actual discourse with anyone, and would sooner brush it under the rug than have it continue.

To allow him to continue such action and behavior without any recourse is to say his behavior has been acceptable. That simply cannot be.

Why would anyone want to willingly produce content for him when hes shows such disrespect not only for those who trusted him, but for the community members as well?

We need and deserve answers too. Not apologies, but answers to every single accusation thats been brought against him.

jakeeeenator and DeChief like this.
  12. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Use app authentication. If your e-mail provider blacklists the site (or you're already using Hotmail), you're screwed.

A forum is about as useful as a Facebook page, really. Both tend to get filled with inane drivel ;) And both end up pretty useless once a post is bounced down a bit, with mediocre searching.

13. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

A forum, while not necessarily ideal, is leagues better than Facebook groups if you want to access old stuff in the future or keep some threads that centralize information/links to other ones. Facebook is a mess, and your aunt is using it, and you don't want to read her borderline racists rants.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  14. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

That is what surprises me about the mass migration to Facebook. I've seen forums go from almost a million visits a year, to barely 20-30,000 a year. The drop is quite dramatic in some cases, but (imho) forums are much easier to actually navigate and search for older information.

DS2 and Yakumo like this.
  15. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

You've...used Facebook, right? I realise forums aren't ideal for it but Facebook is just on a whole other level of uselessness.

DS2 and Yakumo like this.
  16. dgrubb

dgrubb Member

One does not use Facebook. Facebook uses you!

17. Taijigamer2

Taijigamer2 Gutsy Member

Facebook. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

18. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

I mean. It's a relatively fair mirror of society, minus a bit of the public restraint people normally have.

If you're looking for the asshole of the internet, there's a certain website (that sounds like it could the the fourth channel on cable) that's in big part a "wretched hive of scum and villainy".

Woofmute likes this.
  19. Droid III

Droid III Rising Member

Nah, that site is about as bad off nowadays as this one.

brirec likes this.
  20. Wolfcarnage

Wolfcarnage Active Member

After reading the above posts I am still wondering as a Noob where to go. Being on forums as team executioner, xpg gamesaves, xbox chaos, etc for rgh and jtagging I am not sure where to go here so if someone can put this or help me in the right place.
    I bought a nice xdk dev kit for alot of money on Ebay. The green startup boot color, with green side car but it says X360 test kit. Flashed 16547.0 and xdk 21256.3
    - how do I update this XDK because everytime I run a debug from a file like Dead Rising 2 370155 I get a memory dump ..and it turns off and restarts?
    - notice for Dead Rising 2 it just says default.xex but is not in the folder for DR2 like Warface, how do I do this?

There are so many amazing things I would like to learn how to do since finally getting a dev kit instead of just rgh jtags and this forum has the most info out there on it but I cannot find much on here or not sure where to go. I do not need a dev kit noob listing of the different kind of kits but more of what can I now do with it...I have visual basic I have network neighborhood.

Someone please help and glad to be a part of this forum :) again sorry if this in the wrong place but not getting many other replies elsewhere and if this is about getting the community back these are the kinds of questions a noob like me would be looking to find.

Attached Files: