RULES Signature maximum image size

Discussion in 'Rules and Guidelines' started by ASSEMblergames_Admin, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASSEMblergames_Admin

ASSEMblergames_Admin Administrator

Maximum_signature.png

If you change signature, new image must comply with new size rule.

segantleman, james2452 and fate6 like this.
  2. hbc

hbc (Techinicabor)

3. Stipo360

Stipo360 Dead Rising & XDKs

What the hell happened to this site, its been like 3 days.

Where did these new rules come from, what warrants these changes?

What reason could there ever be to display publicly why someone was banned? That's just bad taste and looks like a witch hunt.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  4. Paulweeze71

Paulweeze71 Active Member

Be careful about voicing your opinion...

5. Gamer1

Gamer1 Newly Registered

what the fuck is happening here?

6. NexTheReal

NexTheReal Just call me Nex

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Admin's bans. The bans are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of moderation most of the bans will go over a typical users head. There's also Admin's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from an dictatorship , for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these bans, to realize that they're not just fair- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the bans truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the bans in Admin's existencial catchphrase "You're banned" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their browsers. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a AG tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

7. N00ByBo0

N00ByBo0 Rapidly Rising Member

rip site that I lurk very often for proto stuff :/

8. AUSTIN PEYTON

AUSTIN PEYTON Gutsy Member

It's a good rule. Appropriate size

MBMM likes this.
  9. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

I'd say that size is too big, but I don't really care.
    I didn't know people still had signatures..? Am I the only one who's got them disabled in the forum settings? I thought it was disabled forum wide, by staff..

I don't know what rock you crawled out from under (no offense) but people have been publicly banned lots of times on here already. The only difference is that the bans were announced in the same thread where the infractions occurred. Also, there's a thread with all the bans where you could ask this question instead of spamming about it here.

10. MoonTar

MoonTar Site Supporter 2014

Cannot reply to that thread. Its locked. Unless you meant this one which is not locked to replys. Reminder that site rules are now being enforced.

11. rso

rso Gone. See y'all elsewhere, maybe.

> Am I the only one who's got them disabled in the forum settings?
    No. I even block out avatars, y'all are nothing but names to me.

> I thought it was disabled forum wide, by staff..
    It defaults to off these days, but as a registered user you can still turn it on.

Zeigren and americandad like this.
  12. jakeeeenator

jakeeeenator Site Supporter 2015,2016,2017

I don't know what's been going on here lately but all the user bans last night where unnecessary. I hope you realize this And unban most of them.

-=FamilyGuy=- and AntDRAG like this.
  13. mairsil

mairsil Officer at Arms

Sure, plenty of people have been banned, some publicly, but nothing has ever happened here like this.

Do I condone some of their actions? No. Do I understand them? Yes. People are seeing this site implode and blowing off steam. Banning someone with numerous contributions to this site like XboxSurgeon, even a one month reprieve, is simply unbelievable. Most of the bans are "disrupting the site" bans, which normally would have been a post edit/deletion and a "stop acting like an idiot" PM. Now you have a culture of fear and panic here, to the point where I don't even know if this post is going to get a ban.

Side note: the ban thread is locked, so no, you can't comment or ask questions in it.
    Side, side note: I find the "made sig larger" ban funny at least.

14. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Can't say I'm all too torn up about "all these changes." I really don't think that all that much is happening. So what if signatures sizes are now regulated? I think people are blowing this kind of stuff out of proportion. Change is always hard. Let's give it some time before we all go (Sword of the) Berserk (Guts' Rage).

james2452, Yakumo, rso and 1 other person like this.
  15. rso

rso Gone. See y'all elsewhere, maybe.

I personally do not disagree too much with most of the changes, but they will change this community, in ways that I wouldn't want to try to predict. Let's play the waiting game for now, and maybe register on two or three other boards as fallbacks...

MBMM likes this.
  16. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

I can understand some banning for trolling/rudeness, but AUSTIN PEYTON and Paulweeze71? I can't see what they did... Unless the offending posts were removed from their post histories?

17. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Pretty sure it was that one but I could be wrong. Actually, there's a suggestion: link to the reason for ban so we can see what to do and not to do.

americandad likes this.
  18. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

Great suggestion. :)

19. jakeeeenator

jakeeeenator Site Supporter 2015,2016,2017

I was chatting with Paul on discord as it happened. There was no offensive post. Just a ban. If that's how admin plans on running things the site won't be around much longer. Everyone will be banned soon at this point lol.

GoodTofuFriday likes this.
  20. Half Mile Ride

Half Mile Ride Rapidly Rising Member

Holy fuck +1

On Topic: I have been a lurker on this site for a really long time, (since it started to use Sonic as a de-facto mascot) since that time I have always thought of the site as a place I'd be welcome to talk about my hobbies and what interests me, I've never talked with Kev directly but as far as I know he managed this site well, much better than what admin_team is doing, also I think the suggestion I sent was misunderstood, I suggested that they add the link of the thread where the user made the post that awarded him the ban to the 'reason for ban' post.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    snails1221 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.